tier0.dll problems with Counter Strike Source

Soldato
Not sure if this is the right place, so if it isnt can a mod move it please?

When ever I play Counter Strike Source the game will crash. Could be after a few minutes or 30 mins - its always random. The game will freeze with the sound looping for a few seconds then it closes.

Looking in event viewer its always the same error;

Faulting application path: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\***********.com\counter-strike source\hl2.exe
Faulting module path: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\************.com\counter-strike source\bin\tier0.dll

Ive uninstalled & then reinstalled Steam and all games & gfx drivers. Ive moved the tier0.dll file from bin folder to game folder (I got this from Googling) and it doesnt cure it. All sound drivers, DirectX etc are up to date.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it or have any ideas?? :confused:

Thanks people!!

Associate
Hopefully I can help the both of you;

Delete tier0.dll from your /bin in CSS and then run this in a CMD (with administrator)

net localgroup administrators networkservice /add

Seemed to do the trick for me!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice Rackerz. Ive saved this if I have any problems again.

I did find that by adding the tier0.dll from Left For Dead 2 to the CS folder has helped. Since doing this it hasnt crashed.

Thanks again!!!!! :)

Caporegime
Hopefully I can help the both of you;

Delete tier0.dll from your /bin in CSS and then run this in a CMD (with administrator)

net localgroup administrators networkservice /add

Seemed to do the trick for me!

Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you mean? :) Could you elaborate slightly more?

(Thanks for the input though :) I'm fed up of playing for an hour on UKCS office 24 / 7 server, getting a good score and then ctd! :mad:)

Though over the last few days it does seem to have been a bit better, even managed during one day where I had no crashes at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
After deleting tier0.dll, run CMD in administrator mode and type (or copy and paste) 'net localgroup administrators networkservice /add'

CMD can be found in windows > system32 folder. Right click and select 'run as admin'.

Last edited:
Caporegime
After deleting tier0.dll, run CMD in administrator mode and type (or copy and paste) 'net localgroup administrators networkservice /add'

CMD can be found in windows > system32 folder. Right click and select 'run as admin'.

Ok, thanks. Will give this a tinker later. :)

Soldato
OP
Getting fed up now. The game still crashes and Ive sent a ticket to Steam seeing if they can help. It always does it when Im doing good :(

Back
Top Bottom