Katie Hopkins at it again

Soldato
40 thousand people sign petition against the media granting her air time.

Incident for reference:
http://www.theguardian.com/media/20...s-twitter-glasgow-helicopter-crash-apprentice

Her twitter post the day after the Glasgow helicopter crash:
Life expectancy in Scotland based 07/ 08 birth is 59.5. Goodness me. That lot will do anything to avoid working until retirement.

She said the post was in relation to an NHS article - I believe this and I never adhere to the typical PC brigade getting up in arms about everything...

The petition however, I do agree with. She shouldn't be given air time or publicity. The woman has some serious issues and her ever increasingly controversial ideologies and views are being fuelled by the media looking for viewing figures.

She should crawl back into the hole she came from.

Soldato
I can't stand Hopkins (which is weird as I know by hating her I'm also falling into her trap) but then her tweet was nothing to do with the incident. I'm sure a few Scottish comedians made jokes about England/the English shortly after a similar accident in London earlier this year.

Whilst the recent helicopter accident is tragic, it's hardly Scotland's 9/11 is it?

Soldato
I can't stand Hopkins (which is weird as I know by hating her I'm also falling into her trap) but then her tweet was nothing to do with the incident.

This.

But don't get me wrong, in that interview she did with Peaches Geldof they both came across as brainless morons.

Soldato
OP
I can't stand Hopkins (which is weird as I know by hating her I'm also falling into her trap) but then her tweet was nothing to do with the incident. I'm sure a few Scottish comedians made jokes about England/the English shortly after a similar accident in London earlier this year.

Whilst the recent helicopter accident is tragic, it;s hardly 9/11 is it?

Not at all and I might even have cracked a joke today myself..

I'm just brining the news article to attention and agreeing with the petition to get her out of the media.

Soldato
I'm just brining the news article to attention and agreeing with the petition to get her out of the media.

I'd love to see her off my screens too but I'm not sure the person who set up the petition knows the point of petitions. That being to protest against something people in power can change where everyone else can't.

Hopkins will continue to appear on TV so long as the shows she appears on get big ratings. So if you want her off the TV then stop watching anything she's on. When TV Producers start seeing their ratings drop in correlation to her appearances she'll stop being booked.

It's not as if her appearances on these TV shows are being dictated by the government.

Soldato
I suppose turning off the TV or not watching the ridiculously crap TV shows she is generally involved with is out of the question?

IN THAT CASE - LET'S MAKE A PETITION ABOUT IT.

V F

V F

Soldato
If people respond to her, she'll keep on being in the limelight.

Ignore her & she'll have to go away.

The funny part is the media really know what buttons to press to get the public wound up and it keeps happening.

I suppose turning off the TV or not watching the ridiculously crap TV shows she is generally involved with is out of the question?

How did the op find out about this? I never knew about it until this thread.

Soldato
The funny part is the media really know what buttons to press to get the public wound up and it keeps happening.

This... They do it all the time.

It's the media equivalent of them saying "Only idiots say what" and the general public, in perfect harmonious tune, shouting back "WHATTTT!"

Soldato
OP

I watch absolutely NO TV. That doesn't mean I don't hear what goes on, though. Or read it about it. As I'm sure you do, too. Just because you choose to switch your TV off, doesn't make it go away.

I'm also well aware of how giving her this publicity will only enhance her media career. I'm agreeing with the petition in the sense of hating her guts and wanting her to shrivel away into obscurity.

Soldato
I watch absolutely NO TV. That doesn't mean I don't hear what goes on, though. Or read it about it. As I'm sure you do, too. Just because you choose to switch your TV off, doesn't make it go away.

Should i start a petition to get asim18 or dvdbunny banned from using the internet? Or maybe campaign for Richard Littlejohn from the DM to be banned from going near a typewriter or computer again? How about I organise a protest to get a random comment troller on YouTube exposed? All are idiots - should they be give the same attention as Katie Hopkins?

In case it wasn't clear - i am being rhetorical about all of the above. We all ignore trolls on the internet or in the newspapers etc, so why don't we ignore them on the TV?

We give them a little sympathy chuckle and say to ourselves "Oh you" out of pity.

Why is Katie Hopkins any different? She is just a TV troll who is there to get ratings and get the public all riled up about absolutely nothing. Hence why she's been invited onto "This Morning" several times and why papers are printing news stories about her.

All she wants is attention, which the papers give her, which in turn helps them sell papers - everybody wins. Apart from the general public who are apparently too stupid to ignore her.

Last edited:

Soldato
All over Facebook

Seems that. All the workshy doley scummeers are getting upset by her saying scots are all workshy doley scummers

Back
Top Bottom