Keyboard problem on start up - keyboard error or no keyboard present

Associate
Here I have my problem.
This threads title message appears during boot up. There is also "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded", because I cleared bios. If I don't plug in the keyboard, "keyboard error or no keyboard present" message appers too. I predict this is not keyboard issued problem neither cmos.

I have a similar problem to this guy from my quote, just completed re-building a pc and cleared the CMOS and connected everything up and I get this error of "keyboard error or no keyboard present" and "keyboard is locked out - unlock the key".

After googling around for assistance, there were people saying check the keys aren't stuck and also to try another keyboard etc which I have tried. I tried also clearing the CMOS again but still have the same error. Could it be that the keyboard controller is possibly not working as the motherboard has been lying around for a short while and not been in use. If it is the keyboard controller then is there any way to solve this problem without the purchase of another mobo?

I have a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Motherboard if that is of any relevance.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Keyboards have been tested on other comps and do work, mobo was working before removed a while back. After googling a bit there was stuff saying about the case maybe having a keylock thing but it doesnt, a keyboard jumper i'm not 100% sure but it never had one before, any ideas on how I could maybe double check this? If all else fails I'll probs just try and find another mobo :(

Caporegime
Just have a look through the manual I guess, If I get a chance I'll download one and have a look myself :)

I doubt your case would have have a keyboard lock, as they were only on old chassis types normally.

Associate
OP
I had a look through the manual for something to do with this but to no avail :( Just a shame that this motherboard can't get the keyboard to work when every other part of it is probs fine (N) Oh well, probs time to source a mobo on MM.

Back
Top Bottom