• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Associate
Obviously there are many apparent issues surrounding the ivybridge CPU's and their 'heat issues'. Here you should post your experiences with your chip and your overclocking results.
You should include:
  • Model of CPU
  • Motherboards
  • Cooler
  • Max temperatures (from a reliable program- such as coretemp)
  • Voltage
  • Other settings
  • Stable?
  • Screen shots if you wish

By request- It would also be of interest to include batch numbers and country of manufacture. This may help us determine if we have a difference in manufacture :)

For me right now:
  • 3770K @ 4.0GHz
  • Malaysia, Batch L212B228
  • MSI Z77A-GD65
  • Arctic cooling Freezer 7
  • 1.15V

Only touched at it for 10 minutes. Obviously my cooler is pretty poor so I can't do a lot :(
Will be watercooling later this year so maybe some more then :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Untitled2.png

Soldato
I'd like to know what motherboard people are using... I don't think motherboards are the limiting factor, but it's harmless to include it and it might help people narrow down the best one for their needs.

Soldato
I will hopefully have some results up sometime this week for my 3770k :) going to run it through some other things first to check my load temps at stock before I start OC'ing :p

Soldato
You should also include other info like batch # and whether they're Malaysian or Costa Rican to find out which may be Golden chips and if there's any difference between the 2 factory locations ;)

Think we might be getting a little... too technical there mate :p maybe batch #.. but the location as well? xD

Associate
installed my i7 3770k last night only used oc genie 2 on my overclock managed 4.2 mine is a malaysian chip

cpu1g.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Associate
I just received my 3570K from the delivery man. Will try to get my new build up and running for tonight and post some results. I'm coming from a Macbook Air, so I'm bound to see some performance increase. :D

Edit: I got - L208B089 made in Malay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom