Dell U2713 HM

Soldato
OP
Found this on the Dell Taiwanese website.

Official Image Gallery:
http://imgur.com/a/nMNVT

The wide screen provides excellent viewing.
2560 x 1440 WQHD Resolution: More than 3.6 million pixels, a wide 27-inch LED-backlit display provides amazing clarity. Can easily adjust the screen brightness for the environment.
Immediate access to accurate color out of the box: U2713HM monitor carefully at the factory to correct the color, the color gamut beyond the 99% sRGB, immediately after installation to show the stunning color.
The wide viewing angle: ultra-wide 178 ° / 178 ° perspective with unrivaled color consistency, provide you with a wide range of viewing flexibility, help you to easily collaborate.

The best in comfort and convenience.
Adjustment functions: the left and right rotation and tilt functions, allowing you comfortable working in a variety of different locations can view images. The pivot can easily switch to portrait mode. U2713HM 115 mm height adjustment range, to help you set the height of the ideal.
The latest connectivity options: closely connected the monitor to a desktop computer, notebook computers and peripheral equipment, such as digital cameras and Blu-ray or DVD players. Digital and analog connections include four USB 3.0 ports, DisplayPort 1.2, DVI (HDCP) and the HDMI.
Dell Display Manager to help maintain productivity: The full range of software tools, allows you to quickly access the Auto the Mode, Easy to the Arrange and PowerNap application. Auto Mode to adjust or default mode is automatically assigned to a specific application. Easy Arrange neatly emissions applications, arranged according to their preferred configuration.

Monitor
Diagonal viewable image size:
68.58 cm
27-inch (27-inch wide viewable image size)
Aspect ratio
Widescreen (16:9)
Panel type surface:
AH transverse electric field effects, using the hard-coating 3H anti-glare function
Best resolution:
2560 x 1440 (60Hz)
Ratio:
1000:1 (typical) dynamic contrast ratio of 2,000,000:1 (max)
Backlight Technology:
LED
Brightness:
350 cd / m 2 (standard value), 50 cd / m 2 (minimum value)
Response time:
8 ms (gray response time)
Perspective
(178 ° vertical / 178 ° level)
Color Support:
Color gamut (typical): sRGB> 99%, 82% (CIE 1976)
Color Depth:
16.7 million colors
Pixel Pitch:
0.23 mm
Display Type
Wide-screen flat-panel displays
Device type

Connectivity
1 dual-link digital video interface connector (DVI-D) with HDCP function
A DisplayPort 1.2 (DP)
A High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
A video graphics array (VGA)
USB 3.0 high speed hub (with a USB upstream port and 4 USB downstream port)
An audio output
Dell Soundbar dedicated DC power connector (AX510)

Modulation of
Adjustable height base, with tilt, rotate left and right, pivot and built-in wiring management

Built-in devices
USB 3.0 high speed hub (with a USB upstream port and 4 USB downstream port)
DC output

Color, size and weight
Dimensions (W x D x H)
639.3 mm (25.17 inches) x 200.3 mm (7.89 inches) x 424.3 mm to 538.9 mm (21.22 inches ~ 16.70 inches)
With base height (folded to expand)
424.3 mm to 538.9 mm
21.22 inches to 16.70 inches
Without base height
378.2 mm
14.89 inches
The default display area (HXW)
596.7 mm x 335.7 mm
23.49 inches x 13.22 inches
Weight (panel only - VESA mounted)
5.6 kg
12.44 pounds
Weight (with packaging)
10.2 kg
22.67 pounds
Specifications: Service / Support Details
3-year Advanced Exchange Service and Premium Panel Guarantee
Service / Support Details
3-year Advanced Exchange Service and Premium Panel Guarantee

Electrical Specifications
Power Requirements:
100 to 240 VAC/50 or 60Hz + 3Hz/1.5A (max)
Power consumption (operation)
42W (standard value) / 100W (max)
Standby / sleep power consumption:
Less than 0.5W

Soldato
dell.jpg

What's this? Appearing on its Japanese blog, ahead of any English language announcement, Dell's new monitor pairs a backlit LED with a 27-inch AH-IPS display. The U2713HM marks the company's first Advanced High Performance IPS panel, which cranks viewing angles up to 178 degrees and adds Dell's name to a pretty exclusive list of manufacturers. The screen can output up to 2,560 x 1,440 (WQHD) resolution, with Dell promising a 37 percent reduction in energy consumption compared to the preceding U2711. If you've got HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA or DVI-D, you'll likely be well-prepared for the monitor, which also has a four-port USB 3.0 hub embedded. However, that high-quality panel corresponds with a suitably high price tag; on the other side of the Pacific, the U2713HM has been marked up at 50,000 yen ($637) and is available starting today.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/08/dell-debuts-new-27-inch-u2713hm-monitor-its-first-ah-ips-panel/

Man of Honour
remains to be seen what makes a desktop panel "AH-IPS" instead of the normal H-IPS / e-IPS names. it's normally used for mobile high resolution (retina) type panels, but the res on this hasn't changed. suspect thats some adventurous Dell / Lg.Display marketing trying to differentiate or perhaps even move away from the "e-IPS" name which does carry some negative connotations to some people.

Man of Honour
very difficult to say at this stage, but the main noticeable difference which everyone should notice would be the change from a wide gamut backlight to a standard gamut backlight. That will have an impact on perception of colours, but the standard gamut sRGB space is probably more suited to most users anyway because of the nature of normal content. Apart from that, suspect similar performance characteristics in terms of viewing angles, clarity etc. will be interesting to see if any improvements in contrast ratio / black depth, response time, input lag though

Associate
Looks like they're still using the same anti-glare coating.

I thought they were going glossy for this one?...
They really should have 2 models; glossy and matte.

I think I'm gonna get this.
Portrait mode made me jump in my seat :p and it should use much less power then the u2711. USB 3 is a bonus.

Looks like it's gonna cost around £550-£600 :(
Way too much imo.
Will have to wait for it to drop in price.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not too fussed over it as the U2711 can be had so cheap now and I'm not a fan of LED screens. The only thing which would make me buy it over the U2711 is the response times. Glad they kept the AG coating as I hate gloss, leave the tacky ugly gloss to the TVs. They should have done 16:10 though I can't stand 16:9, again leave that to the inferior displays, TVs.

Soldato
I wouldn't say they look 'naff' but they don't have the clarity of a display that runs the resolution natively. Personally I can't stand interpolated resolutions (such as 1920 x 1080 running on a 2560 x 1440 monitor) but not everybody is as sensitive. I know those 'you'd have to see for yourself' answers are rubbish but it's true in this case. :p

Associate
If they've improved the AG coating I might pick this up, if not I guess Samsung and Asus are the only companies that want to provide the monitors that aren't either sparkly or mirrors. Hopefully we'll see reviews or at least previews soon.

Back
Top Bottom