• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black ops 2 + 7950 + PC Freeze!

Permabanned
For some weird reason my pc is rock solid on everything other than black ops 2! I can play it for a while and then it just completely locks up my pc with a sound loop. Ive tried latest beta drivers etc and still get the same result.

Ive also disables my onboard sound just in case that was causing it and that didn't work either! Any help would be great.

PC Spec:
I7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
7950 @ 1200/1700
6GB DDR3
Gigabyte UD3R
PC Power and cooling 750 watt
Xtreme Gamer sound card

Ive returned the graphics card to stock and it still locks up. I can play bf3,sleeping dogs,crysis etc for hours on end without it a hitch :confused:

Soldato
Very latest betas (12.11 beta 7 I think) adds better bo2 support, if the problems happen with both amd and nv then it looks like the game needs fixed.

Soldato
I'm on 12.11 7 beta and I'm rolling 2x 7970's - I GET THE SAME THING!

Googled for ages and found nothing, it finally sounds like we have the same issue!

Watching this thread, I've found no solutions so far, and it is indeed very random - I went the whole of yesterday without a crash.

7970 Lightning @ 1250/1600
7970 @ 1150/1500

i7 950 @ 4.2ghz
16gb ram
P6X58D-E
Asus Xonar Xense.

I've tried all sorts like you, removing the overclocks on both CPU+GPU's, changing drivers, changing audio stuff about (ensuring onboard is disabled).

Soldato
Yer even tho its not listed I have installed a CAP before and has made game better without it listing it. Think the game was sleeping dogs not sure tho. Yer go give the new beta8 driver ago also.
I dont own Black ops2 so cant say if my system has any issues.

Hmm nope, but that also has no mention of Black Ops 2?

Didn't know Beta 8 was out either, maybe worth giving that a go too.

Associate
I have exactly the same issue game was fine until fist patch came out. I have a single 7970 and since the first patch get screen lockups and sound loop using driver 12
8. The first patch broke the game for me. Had 5 lockups in as many games the other night. My pc is rock solid on everything else. Hope second patch fixes this, very annoying.

Soldato
between this and the bungle where some disc 2s were actually mass effect 2 it seems the gaming gods are trying to save you all. Lol, umad?

no rly how is it this time? I usually don't give treyarch a second look

Soldato
I haven't played too much over the past few days, but since updating to Beta 8 and 12.11 CAPS I actually haven't crashed - I don't know if this was a solution or if I just haven't played enough to experience a crash ( as it's random don't forget ), but will update over the next few days.

Soldato
I have the exact same issues on my single sapphire 7950. Can play for hours and then outta nowhere total system freeze.. Thought I had a defect, atleast I can relax now.

between this and the bungle where some disc 2s were actually mass effect 2 it seems the gaming gods are trying to save you all. Lol, umad?

no rly how is it this time? I usually don't give treyarch a second look

BO2 is the same..as total biscuit says on his youtube review. Its basicly a 60 dollar map pack hehe. But if you take it for what it is, a simple casual friendly shooter that's a bit silly with its "scorestreaks" and pin point hip fire shoots in your face it can be pretty darn fun due to the speed of the game.. I enjoy especially Capture the Flag a lot.

Associate
Same for me with an OC MSI 7870. Whole PC freezes with a weird loud sound loop - almost a buzzing. My PC is rock solid on all inc Crysis 2 and BF3 at 1900x1200 Ultra.

Associate
7970 user here.

I have the same issue!.. Started when I installed black ops 2 and beta 7's. I've pulled my whole pc apart thinking there's an hardware issue.
In my case usually 20minutes in game the pc locks up, no sound loop, no beeping from the motherboard, temps are all cool, 7970 < 65c, i7 930 < 65c.

Event log reports nothing other than unexpected shutdown, there are no entries that correspond to the time of freezing.

I've only just played Assasins creed 3 and it locked up also after 10 minutes in game.
I actually ran Intel burn test for 3 hours, Kombustor for 1 hour, Memtest80+ for 8 hours and there were no lock ups.

Has anybody found a fix? I'm going to try beta 8 drivers.

Update : Tried beta 8, still locks up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom