Kat, H33t, Fenopy blocked in the UK

Associate
OP
btw while tpb's block took half a year, this took no time at all. the precedent has been set, and it's not a very nice precedent if it extends beyond pirating.

Associate
Kat still opening for me.... via firefox... possible setup modify headers or hola unblocker web proxy extention. If you click to download a file (via kat etc) choose the magnet link instead.

Associate
OP
Dunno about you, but I can still access tpb just fine.

only through proxies for me. i don't really think old men in suits could actually stop pirates. i just don't like the implications of people choosing what information i am and am not allowed to access online.

Kat still opening for me.... via firefox... possible setup modify headers or hola unblocker web proxy extention. If you click to download a file (via kat etc) choose the magnet link instead.

kat still opens for me too but last time when tpb was blocked o2 spent about a month putting the block into effect. don't know who you're with but i imagine different providers will take different lengths of time to put up the block.

Associate
Well I suppose they'll be blocking access to Ebay soon too because of all the copyright infringing and counterfeit goods on there... Right?

Associate
What I don't understand is it takes seconds in Google to find loads of sites sharing copyright material, yet it's taken years for just a handful of sites to be shut down or blocked?

Associate
What I don't understand is it takes seconds in Google to find loads of sites sharing copyright material, yet it's taken years for just a handful of sites to be shut down or blocked?

I think this is just an indication about how clueless those campaigning for the blocks are. It seems that they think shutting down 1 or 2 main sites will end piracy whereas in reality 10 more will pop up to replace them in no time at all.

Back
Top Bottom