Help with battlefield 4 video settings

Associate
So i just put this rig together from Overclockers over the last month or two. Finding it hard to get my settings right for this build in BF4. Any suggestion? I see a lot of you running around in there. Ill list the main parts below any suggestion for video settings in game or even system tweaking would be great. Im running the game in mantle. Direct X 11 just wasnt as good for me in FPS.

G.Skill Ares 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Gigabyte Z97X-SLI Motherboard
Devils Canyon Core i5 4690K 3.5Ghz running with 3.9Ghz boost on
Samsung 250GB SSD 840 EVO SATA 6Gb/s Desktop Kit
Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850W '80 Plus Bronze' Fully Modular Power Supply
Antec 902 Nine Hundred Two (V3) Ultimate Gaming Case (with USB3.0 Support)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-Bit DVD - OEM (WN7-00614)
Akasa AK-CC4008HP01 Venom Voodoo CPU Cooler
MSI Radeon R9 280 Gaming 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

CPU run idle at 24-26 Oc depending on weather here Think max its gone in game is 47 Oc
GPU hasnt gone over 54Oc but i do crank it up to 85% fan at 1ghz boost it also idles at 26 Oc

Last edited:
Soldato
Is this in online or campaign?

What kind of fps or problems are you seeing. With that setup online should be around 60fps most of the time with everything at ultra. It may drop to mid 40s at times.

Campaign with something like a 280 will probably drop to low 40s more often and maybe a bit lower.

Either way it should be playable.

Associate
OP
Its for online gameplay. I know the lower settings with mesh set to ultra gives perfect gameplay for kills. To be honest though part of what draws me to the game is all the shiny graphics. I just want to make it look as nice as possible while maintaining a steady FPS over 60. I think ive come up with settings that do this although id like to hear feedback on anything im doing wrong. These are my settings and results for full 64 player map with lots of buildings. I forgot the name of the map : /. Will edit this later if i remember. Its the one with lots of skyscrapers where u can clapse the large one in the middle.

Maintains 60 - 70 Fps as standard running around
Inside buildings 70- 80 FPS
Rooftops - 108Fps

Lowst FPS recorded in heavy explosions standing next to fire with all hell breaking loose around me was 48FPS but it lasts seconds and barely happens.

Texture Quality - Ultra
Texture Filter - High
Lighting Quality - Ultra
Effect Quality - Ultra
Post process quality - High
Mesh Quality - Ultra
Terrain Quality - Ultra
Antialiasing deferred - 4x MSAA
Antialiasing post - Off
Ambient Occulison - Off
Motion blur - 0%
Res scale - 100%