• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900pro 512bit Interface Confirmed.....by HIS

Caporegime
Hi there

From what is currently available Abit IP35 Pro is one of the best boards and that is in stock. :)

Next board from Asus features X38 chipset and to give a clue as to its name here is a hint:-
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

I am sure that will give it away as to what the new top-end X38 based board will be from Asus. :)

So the top end P35 Blitz boards have been replaced by the top end Maximus X38 boards then. :)

Prices going to be around the same? £160-£180?

OcUK Staff
So the top end P35 Blitz boards have been replaced by the top end Maximus X38 boards then. :)

Prices going to be around the same? £160-£180?

Hi there

There is another shipment of Blitz boards coming to the UK but OcUK is not taking any due to the superior Maximus boards only following a week or so later. These will be priced in the £160-£200 region, yet to be confirmed exact pricing.

Caporegime
Hi there

There is another shipment of Blitz boards coming to the UK but OcUK is not taking any due to the superior Maximus boards only following a week or so later. These will be priced in the £160-£200 region, yet to be confirmed exact pricing.

£160 please. ;)

Ive seen it at £180 which I think is around the same price as when the Formula first came out but then that dropped in price If my memory is right (probailbly not).

*awaits for "send me the link" ;)*

£190 quid :O no thanks lol.

Are the X38's going to have moe then a x4 slot for another card in crossfire?

I do believe that the Asus P5E WS PRO is going to have 2x PCIe 2.0 x16 for graphics, not sure if they will run at x16 in Crossfire and 1x PCIe x4 in the middle or at the bottom of the board for physics.

That board is going to be around £20-£30 cheaper maybe more, than the Maximus board. So may be worth looking at if you dont want to spend the £££ on the Maxiums.

So you could get 3 2900 Pros. :)

Last edited:
Associate
I'm going to do a system on the cheap.
Currently got an ageing s754 3700+ and x800xt combo which is getting a little long in the tooth.
Think a 2180, 2gigs of ram and a 2900pro would be good system which i could put together for 500-600 pounds. Bring on the student loan!

Associate
So, generally speaking, does everyone think this 2900 Pro is worth passing on an 8800GTS 320MB?

I'm literally days away from snapping up an EVGA 8800GTS 320MB but I've just spotted this thread and the pre-orders on the ATI section so I'm a little unsure now; suggestions/advice?

Associate
No. With the card you will recieved a voucher that will unlock

TF2
HL2 EP2
PORTAL
HL2

The black box is basically the same as the Orange.

you're wrong
black box only gives you episode 2, TF2 and portal ( and the free game )
not HL2 full
the orange contains everything, HL2, ep1, ep2, portal and Tf2.

Soldato
As I said in the other thread. Absoloute steal. Plus you get the Black box with it

Yeah. looks like a great card, great price & with the Half-Life 2 black box its awesome. I think this will be my next upgrade now :)

So, generally speaking, does everyone think this 2900 Pro is worth passing on an 8800GTS 320MB?

I'm literally days away from snapping up an EVGA 8800GTS 320MB but I've just spotted this thread and the pre-orders on the ATI section so I'm a little unsure now; suggestions/advice?

Yep, no point in getting the 8800GTS with these coming soon.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Confirmed the 2900 Pro is a 512-bit memory interface. It is identical to the 2900 XT, except for lower clock speeds.

Its a short term product and as such only a few thousand will be available world wide.

Its basically a bargain from ATI to just upset NV by releasing a product that matches the 320MB 8800 GTS for less/similar money and has the scope by overclocking to outperform the NV part.

Back
Top Bottom