Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Soldato
I meant how are you suppose to get the silver 'protector' thing our, the screw is blocked by the usb ports, and the screws for that are inaccesible as well.

Associate
BFG_9000 Quote:
My aquarium has an external pump and when it needs cleaning you turn the flow valves to off to prevent any water leaving the tank... Thought it might be an idea with your setup so you will be able to remove the top panel for any maintenance without water spilling over components.. These can be purchased at any aquatic centre with a variety of sizes, ordering online will also be cheaper for you..

Thanks for this, BFG_9000, interesting line of thought. Been doing an internet search on such valves, and although I can find some, none will fit the masterkleer tubing I'm going to use. Could possibly use size adapters to get it to fit, but think that would effect my flow rate. Think I'm going to just keep some extra play in the tubing to the rad so I can at least move the case top to one side for PSU access purposes without fully removing it. Another consideration is to fit 1/2" to 1/2" tube repairers, where I can disconnect it from if absolutely necessary. On the rare occasions I would need to do that, would probably combine it with a system drain and clean anyway.

My dremel gets delivered tomorrow, so perhaps my watercooling plans will progress a little further...

Associate
since i last posted i've been trying get my inside looking as good as some of these others on here and this is what i managed.
mycomp.jpg

Changed my IDE Optical drive for a SATA one
Reversed the HDD's so the wires aren't visible
Bought a new GFX cooler and a SpotCool to circulate air round the bottom of the case (and it lights up nice too)

Seriously thinkin about water cooling now tho, just gotta find out some measurements of the rads and stuff to see if it fits where i want it to.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice setup Sgt_Pepper. Are you running Vista64 with 4Gb of RAM?

Water cooling is a great project, but mines progressing slowly due to family commitments (new baby). Fitted the rad to the top of the case, just got to fit the CPU block and attach the tubing. Must take some more pics...

Associate
OP
Nice link Sgt_Pepper...;) I especially like the windowed side panel with the addition of a fan duct and a the black grill, would be nice if this side panel was sold seperately...:cool:

1010qm4.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Some pics of my ongoing build, a different Rad install PA 120.3, not seen one like this before.

Fan's are inside the bottom of the case, the rad sits up tight to the botom of the case, 15mm air gap to floor, be drawing air off the nice cold tiled floor

No going back now :eek:

cut.jpg

Rad fitted, with custom Stainless Steel laser cut fan frame.

rad-1.jpg

Grill.jpg

Very happy with it so far, looks stunning to me, hope all my mods come out so well, lot more to do :) (wonder if my other half notices her tights are now my dust filter)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom