Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Modified my setup somewhat (since my previous post)..

BEFORE
dsc063571wv0.jpg

AFTER (excuse quality, bad lighting)
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4158/newps3setupzp9.jpg

Replaced 40" Bravia with newer 46" Bravia
Replaced Sky+ box with Sky HD box
Replaced speaker cables & interconnects (not shown)
Got rid of the 360 for the PS3 & Wii
Shifted the AV rack to the corner of the room
Shifted the speakers so that they're equidistant to the TV for better soundstage

Where did you get that av rack from? I'm after a new one and that looks perfect. If you can't say here can you email me at wossi[at]hotmaildotcodotuk Thanks :)

Associate
Annoyingly there is very little floor space so the speakers have to go on wall brackets. Not really sure what to replace them with?

Dave

Nait 5i's are wonderful little amps that can drive speakers they really shouldn't be able to. for your setup, I'd suggest:

- Epos 12.2
- N-Sats on N-Stands (these are supposedly ok with the proper wall mounts too)
- Linn Katan
- Dynaudio Focus 110 (I use these with Naim equipment to great effect)
- Neat Motive

Also- whoever pointed it out is correct to say that wall hanging is a no-no. You have no idea how much music you are missing out on - there's little bass reinforcement and you should try to have your tweeters at ear level. Standmounts belong on stands!

Soldato
a little dated but it does me. i hate it in the corner of the room like that, much prefer my old modified ikea stand (2nd pic). want to get my B&W floor standers from mums garage too, but theres no room.. :(

pioneer pdp-436sxe 43" plasma
denon avc-1530 pro-logic amp
sony CDP-XE530 cd player
sony DVP-NS300 dvd player
b&w center and rear speakers
crappy pioneer fronts

SS850781-vi.jpg

IMAGE_00080-vi.jpg

Last edited:

Zod

Zod

Associate
Modified my setup somewhat (since my previous post)..

BEFORE
dsc063571wv0.jpg

AFTER (excuse quality, bad lighting)
newps3setupzp9.jpg

Replaced 40" Bravia with newer 46" Bravia
Replaced Sky+ box with Sky HD box
Replaced speaker cables & interconnects (not shown)
Got rid of the 360 for the PS3 & Wii
Shifted the AV rack to the corner of the room
Shifted the speakers so that they're equidistant to the TV for better soundstage
Your Mi3s are far too close to the wall! Give them at least 18" of space for more controlled bass.

Associate
Here's my complete setup:

Here's the main living room with the following :
Pioneer PDP-LX608D 1080p (60inch, 8th generation plasma), Onkyo TX-SR875 (supports full 1080p upscaling, Dolby TrueHD sound DTS HD, and pcm 5.1, utterly amazing), Pioneer LX70A Blu-Ray player.
Speakers - Monitor Audio 5.1 Gold Series - 2* GS20 (Front), 2*GS10(back) 1*GSLCR(centre). Sub - Rel R505, quad core HTPC,
IMG1.jpg

IMG2.jpg

img3.jpg

And upstairs in the attic is my console gaming room

Attic - Infocus IN82 1080p, 100" 16:9 screen, denon s301 (5.1 from two speakers, suitable for attic room), PS3. Xbox 360, Wii
proj1.jpg

proj2.jpg

Spent around £24k on everything, the speakers are utterly mind blowing, best money i've spent on speakers ever, man you guys should check out TrueHD sound and DTS HD it's crazy good! the sub is brilliant too, set me back £1000. A good sub is everything in a sound system(imho)

Last edited:
Associate
DSC00134.jpg

46inch samsung n series lcd
80gb ps3
xbox 360 premium
sony str-dg710 av amp
htpc containing q6600, 2x 3870xt's, 2 raptors & 8gb of ddr2 & a LG Bluray, Reader & writer % HD-DVD rom Player

all bought out of my own wages, not bad for 17

soon to be moving to my own gaming room tho

Last edited:
Associate
apprentice call centre technician i work away from home 2 weeks out of the month, seeing how technicians in large call centres cope when it all goes wrong etc and help out in there centre if need be

i work for a local call centre maintenance department, but once i get to know the ropes ill be away from home living from hotels 5 days a week

Soldato
apprentice call centre technician i work away from home 2 weeks out of the month, seeing how technicians in large call centres cope when it all goes wrong etc and help out in there centre if need be

i work for a local call centre maintenance department, but once i get to know the ropes ill be away from home living from hotels 5 days a week

Sounds really good especially since it sounds like you get to go other places and not just stuck in one place, so is it something related to education like apprenticeship?

Associate
Sounds really good especially since it sounds like you get to go other places and not just stuck in one place, so is it something related to education like apprenticeship?

no did a year in education and discovered it wasnt for me, id rather be out on the job learning

its a kind of internal course to better skills etc, generally call it apprenticeship as its kind of getting paid to learn in other centres, thats how my dad sees it anyway :p

Soldato
no did a year in education and discovered it wasnt for me, id rather be out on the job learning

its a kind of internal course to better skills etc, generally call it apprenticeship as its kind of getting paid to learn in other centres, thats how my dad sees it anyway :p

Sounds much better than uni were you go to get these apprentice things? job center?

Associate
Sounds much better than uni were you go to get these apprentice things? job center?

i started working for the company then they offered me extra courses which could lead to me more money but involves traveling all over once courses are passed

i didnt turn it down due to the more money lol

ive never been to uni nor a job centre, did a year at college and it was crap, apprentices filled up within no time so took it upon myself to find a job, i dropped on with this out of luck really

Associate
DSC00134.jpg

46inch samsung n series lcd
80gb ps3
xbox 360 premium
sony str-dg710 av amp
htpc containing q6600, 2x 3870xt's, 2 raptors & 8gb of ddr2 & a LG Bluray, Reader & writer % HD-DVD rom Player

all bought out of my own wages, not bad for 17

soon to be moving to my own gaming room tho

very nice. Can I ask what stand is that? Where did you get it from and how much?

Back
Top Bottom