BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
Dont worry about this V0/V3 stuff. There is absolutely no correlation to suggest that the V0 is in anyway more reliable than the V3.

If you go back to the beginning of this thread the differences between the TN and PVA panels was illustrated well. Someone even did a sample video showing you want you should expect of this screen. I suggest you look for that video and see if it matches up to your own monitor.

The key here is, "Are you happy with it?" Forget what the rest think of it.

Also, how are you checking to see how the colours uniformity is?
Could you post some pictures, it might help us to comment on the quality of your monitor?

Thanks for the reply. I've spent about 20 minutes trying to find it (even went through 4 pages of search results with the keyword "video") but couldn't find it. The only thing that is slightly worrying is that the model behind the vent says "M240UW04", and from the post I quoted earlier, the M240UW04 = TN panel.

Whether or not I'm happy with it is irrelevant - I'd like a PVA panel as that is what I was told I'd get. Just knowing the possibility that this monitor could be a TN makes me unhappy. :(

Anyway, I don't suppose you could link me up with that video you were talking about, please?

Cheers,
- Tim.

Associate
if it had HDMI i'd buy it. otherwise i'll give it a miss.

Found this:
923665_20061212BenQFP241WZ_26.jpg

similar but unbranded?

Last edited:
Soldato
if it had HDMI i'd buy it. otherwise i'll give it a miss.

It has DVI. All you need is a DVI to HDMI cable, surely? If you are after HDMI specifically for the audio...dont, as this monitor has terrible audio. A £15 set of computer speakers would be heaps better than the audio that this monitor offers. I think most people dont even bother using it.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply. I've spent about 20 minutes trying to find it (even went through 4 pages of search results with the keyword "video") but couldn't find it. The only thing that is slightly worrying is that the model behind the vent says "M240UW04", and from the post I quoted earlier, the M240UW04 = TN panel.

Whether or not I'm happy with it is irrelevant - I'd like a PVA panel as that is what I was told I'd get. Just knowing the possibility that this monitor could be a TN makes me unhappy. :(

Anyway, I don't suppose you could link me up with that video you were talking about, please?

Cheers,
- Tim.

It looks like some of the viewing angle vids have been removed but heres one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv4uGee3EfY

...and here is a post containing some viewing angle pics:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10552114&postcount=170

I suggest you take some pics and post them up here. Thats the best way to be sure of whether or not you have a TN panel.

Associate
i just send my tn panel back

reasons:

it has a dead pixel and i watch movies from the bed which gives me a bad viewing angle.

if you are happy with yours i dont see any reason for sending it back
unless you are thinking that you didnt get what you paid for.

i'll tell u the difference when i get the pva.

Associate
Requested a collection on my third panel, quite a lot of backlight bleed :(

I am hoping my fourth one will be fine... either I am very unlucky are these screens are cheap tat...

Soldato
Requested a collection on my third panel, quite a lot of backlight bleed :(

I am hoping my fourth one will be fine... either I am very unlucky are these screens are cheap tat...

Hang on. Im positive that you reported problems with previous screens very early on in this thread. What date did you buy your first screen?

I'm sure you also said that you 3rd screen had turned out fine. Did it develop backlight bleed as the days rolled on?

Associate
It looks like some of the viewing angle vids have been removed but heres one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv4uGee3EfY

...and here is a post containing some viewing angle pics:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10552114&postcount=170

I suggest you take some pics and post them up here. Thats the best way to be sure of whether or not you have a TN panel.

Cheers sunama - the second link was useful. Gibbo's monitor seems to produce the same colour quality when looking from bottom upwards. This makes me certain that I have received a TN panel, as changing the vertical angle at which I look at the screen causes the colours to "invert" (sort of). Please check these images out:

Directly looking (right-angle to montior):
screen1.JPG

Looking from bottom up at about 45 degrees (sorry about the blur!)
screen2.JPG

Again, right angle to the monitor viewing DeviantART home page (please also notice the colour becoming lighter towards to bottom [look at the background colour of the website):
screen4.JPG

Looking from beneath @ ~45 degrees:
screen3.JPG

Please tell me I'm not going mad and that this does not comply with the viewing angles stated on the product page or on the box (180/180).

Regards,
- Tim.

Last edited:
Associate
At least this problem is getting sorted.

Im just unlucky. Had a monitor but was duff, so sent it back Wednesday to still not be refunded bought a second on Thursday (that was probably a TN panel anyway) which should have been delivered Friday but that one has been lost by City-link! (sent an email and they confirmed it) So i ordered the 17th (the first) and still no where closer.

Dont know what to say to that. Should i just order a 3rd tonight? I need my monitor 10 days ago lol

Soldato
You could try phoning up OCUK and asking them whether they think you should just order afresh. The citylink problem is actually for OCUK and Citylink to sort out between themselves. Once you have informed OCUK and Citylink accepted losing it, its not your problem.

Associate

When I play a game and move my head from top to bottom etc the lighting will change at the top or bottom depending on where my head is same from side to side, should a VA panel do this?

Not sure if these pictures are any good.

Back
Top Bottom