First case mods Lian Li V351R & Build Log

Soldato
OP
Got one window done now to do the other and sort out the H50
DSCF2602copy.jpg

Soldato
OP
Like your fitting of hard drive, not sure its the best though... why does it need to be across 2 fittings?

Erm well the hard drive was the last thing i put in after spending 3hrs putting it all together and then found my sata cable just 2 inches short so had to mount it round that way and it would only fit that way didn't want cables going everywhere.
So ill be getting some longer sata cables plus that hard drive is old anyways so it has to come out at some point and be replaced with a SSD and a F3.

Soldato
i just finished my V351 build

i have a 5870 and wanted to cool the NB on my Gene aswell as temps were getting high with the corsair H50

so i drilled out all the rivets and drilled the fan mount plate and put the fans on the other side of plate holding the radiator too it. I used a 20mm thick yate loon on the side of the case with the USB ports etc and run push pull on one side only.

DSC01148s.jpg

DSC01149s.jpg

DSC01151s.jpg

is the result :D

Soldato
OP
That is very nice :D

I want to do something like that in the future as i would prefer a custom water setup and my north bridge does get high temps it went to 94ºc before fitting second fan on H50 sits around 60ºc now.

You have given me ideas, now my wallet hates you :D

Soldato
OP
Hi, it was fairly easy all i really needed to do was cut the CD drive bay to fit the radiator in properly and cut one corner off my fan because the 24 pin power connector on the motherboard was hitting the fan, but might be different depends which mobo your going to use really.

Soldato
OP
Well it's been a while my board is currently in Germany with an RMA and EVGA couldn't be more helpful, but i was looking at my case and thought why not and started ordering some stuff for a cpu WC setup and a new PSU couldn't help myself :D
corsairHX850w.jpg

rad.jpg

WC-009-BP_400.jpg

Soldato
I had the V350 for about 2 months, I loved the case itself but the HDDs got FAR too hot and the cpu did the same (Q9550 not clocked). The H50 should keep the CPU in check but I'd watch the HDD

- Pea0n

Soldato
check the length on the PSU

i went for the 850w XFX black edition as its a rebadged seasonic and got good reviews and it was the best size power combo. The corsairs were a little too long for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom