HP 'new' ZR24w

Associate
I see OCUK have 10+ of the old model in stock suddenly - for EoL - expensive - decisions decisions.

Where is it said that HP are discontinouing the lp2475w? Has this been stated by HP themselves?

* EDIT *

I contacted OCUK and they said that HP do plan to discontinue the model but they dont know when.

This is driving me nuts! on Product Wiki its saying the zr24r will be coming out in April......April?!?!? I dont know if I can wait till then. Im seriously contemplating getting the LP2475W or Dell U2410 but am worried about the tinting issues.......this sucks :(

Last edited:
Associate
Hah looks like my earlier slip in typing April as the touted release month instead of March has turned out to be correct, unfortunately...

I've been procrastinating on getting a monitor for ages, not particularly keen on being in the "beta testing" round when this monitor is released either (cynical, but often true).

Associate
I`m also waiting on any new news on what this screen is gonna be like for gaming.

Right now i`m sitting still with a old 22" CRT Monitor with the setup in my sig and i`m planning on building a new system in the next 3-4 months and so, i`ll be looking for a high quality 24" Widescreen LED Monitor pacifically for gaming, watching HD/Blu-Ray films on it and general usage but at the moment I just haven`t got a clue.

Last edited:
Associate
100W seems high, so no LED backlight, which is a shame as the case seems quite thick to allow forthe air flow.. I wonder why they didnt choose LED? Is there a reason some manufacturers are sticking wth fluorescent tubes (or whatever they use)

Soldato
They're cheaper and not all manufacturers have invested in LED backlighting or have the expertise to properly implement it. In the case of this monitor; it may have been in development for some time.

Associate
Most IPS panels still aren't using LED back/sidelighting. On your other point, 100w is rather high indeed, but good monitors often chew a fair bit of power.

edit: listed for €385 on a Dutch website, so we're looking at £350 if we're lucky.

Last edited:
Caporegime
im still torn between getting one of these or a second u2410

i am really happy with my first u2410, they are approximately the same price then?

toughy!

edt, is the 24 model the one with the silver strips at the top :/ if so i expect ill go for another u2410

Last edited:
Associate
This looks like a promising monitor, only thing that I dislike about it is that it has no HDMI, therefore I wouldn't purchase it.

Also, about the comments on discontinuing the LP2475W... That's not going to happen for a long time - friend works at HP and he asked around and they JUST manufactured a brand new batch of them (there's stock in the UK, if you had checked the HP site 1 week ago, you would have seen you couldn't purchase it off them directly, now you can)... So I don't see that model disappearing any time soon. I'd rather pay an extra £50 and get a monitor with more connections and a higher end IPS panel than sacrifice that for a slightly faster response time and sRGB as default.

Associate
This looks like a promising monitor, only thing that I dislike about it is that it has no HDMI, therefore I wouldn't purchase it.

Also, about the comments on discontinuing the LP2475W... That's not going to happen for a long time - friend works at HP and he asked around and they JUST manufactured a brand new batch of them (there's stock in the UK, if you had checked the HP site 1 week ago, you would have seen you couldn't purchase it off them directly, now you can)... So I don't see that model disappearing any time soon. I'd rather pay an extra £50 and get a monitor with more connections and a higher end IPS panel than sacrifice that for a slightly faster response time and sRGB as default.

It does have the great benefit of not having to deal with the hassles of wide colour gamut, especially for those who aren't doing professional photography but want better general image quality/colours within the normal sRGB range

Also what is the worry about HDMI, for visual stuff HDMI == DVI

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom