Defense Grid

Caporegime
Its free and you are whining.

Some people....give them great support and all they do is whine.

I'm just disappointed that it took so long! (and to be honest I hadn't noticed that the PC version didn't already have these levels) bit of a ****-up that they managed to delete everyone's save games the first time round as well.

Associate
DLC finally updating on mine now, only 470mb patch for these 4 levels lol. Full game is only 800mb on my hd lol, these maps must be huge...

Soldato
I know this is quite an old game, but is there any way of getting it to run smooth on a low spec machine?

I gave it a blast on my netbook today and it's around 2 fps! :(

EDIT: I've given up, I think an Intel GFX card isn't going to cut the mustard...

That said, my update isn't downloading, steam is acting up tonight...

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone got any advice for the 2nd DLC map? Really struggling with it for some reason :( I get to the first wave of boss aliens perfectly and then it goes downhill incredibly rapidly :/

Associate
OP
Anyone got any advice for the 2nd DLC map? Really struggling with it for some reason :( I get to the first wave of boss aliens perfectly and then it goes downhill incredibly rapidly :/

Try a mixture of gun towers, lasers, cannons and a temporal along the 2 middle rows. Towards the end make them walk back the way they came by switching one of the towers at the start of their path with one from the end of their path, they don't like that.

Soldato
All my scores seem to have disappeared off the leaderboards. Only one score still there on the Barrier to Enrty level - green towers only.

From what I can see a lot of people who I've added as friends here, a lot of your scores have also gone. Though not all of them like mine.

Soldato
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1

header.jpg

Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1 released

The first premium expansion pack for the award-winning Defense Grid: The Awakening arrives to Steam today in the form of Defense Grid: Resurgence - a series of eight new highly polished and balanced maps from the original creators of the definitive tower defense game.

For four consecutive weeks starting on June 2nd, a new pair of maps will be released each week providing new environments and strategic experiences, requiring new ways of thinking to beat back the aliens and protect the cores.

Today's Map Pack 1 release includes two new challenging environments - Service Interruption and Height of Confusion. An obstructed road to the core housing gives the aliens a significant advantage in Service Interruption. Choose your towers wisely! Height of Confusion has a wide open surface, making for endless possibilities! Build anywhere you want in your defense of the power cores!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/18508/

About the Game

New Maps, New Strategies, New Experiences, and New Achievements From the Creators of Defense Grid

Defense Grid: Resurgence is the first premium expansion for Defense Grid: The Awakening and is made up of 8 new highly polished and balanced maps from the original creators. Each week in June over four consecutive weeks a new pair of maps will be released providing new environments and strategic experiences and requiring new ways of thinking to beat back the aliens and protect your cores. Each map pack contains 2 maps each with a campaign mode and 4 additional modes associated with the design of that level. New Steam achievements and high-score leaderboards are associated with each map pack.

Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1

Service Interruption and Height of Confusion
Two new challenging Defense Grid environments are the first two released in the Resurgence DLC. An obstructed road to the core housing gives the aliens a significant advantage in Service Interruption. Choose your towers wisely! Height of Confusion has a wide open surface, making for endless possibilities! Build anywhere you want in your defense of the power cores!

£0.79p

GO GO GO

Soldato
89 cents ?
Bought ! :D

I haven't finished all the free new levels yet ( one is too hard for my **** skillz), but I LOVED this. Easily worth another 89 cents. Will be a blast at uni on my lappy or whatever.
More maps upcoming too wohoo, will see how I like this first one, if I like it I'll buy the 2nd, then the 3rd, etc, until I get bored of it. I usually hate paying for DLC but meh the original game was cheap and the DLCs cost less than a hamburger at maccy D unlike MW2 maps which cost as much as a crate of premium beer :mad:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom