*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Soldato
Wow that's cheap :o

On O2 you get less minutes and phone is like£120 more

Yeh, I almost cried when the O2 staff member said, that will be £200 on an 18 month contract! If anything it will be good to spread the distribution of these devices given the load that we put on O2s network. Does anyone remember when they got the 1st/2nd gen iPhones RE network speed. It was really fast and then slowly but surely it got slower and slower lol

Soldato
I called O2 to "cancel", and they offered me:

iPhone 4 for £112
£35 / month
800 mins
Unlimited texts
Unlimited Wi-Fi & Data

Pretty good deal, but still not as good as Three by about £140 over the course of the contract. I said I'll think about it, will call back to "cancel" again and say the above is not enough, see what they can offer.

Not fussed if I have to move to Three to be honest as my girlfriend is with them, and on their tariff I would get 5000 minutes to call her every month.

Soldato
Just ordered my iPhone4 from apple online... Lets see how long it takes ;) How long does it take for them to give you an estimated arrival date?
Also do they charge you straight away or when the phone is about to ship?

Last edited:
Soldato
What’s the best way to prepare the iPhone before putting on screen protectors? I’ve got the Power Support ones.

I put on the back one but despite repeatedly wiping it down with the PS cloth and it looking clear there are one or two foreign bodies causing little air bubbles on the back. I don’t mind so much on the back, as the main aim is to protect the glass but I’d prefer that the front screen looked perfect.

Caporegime
What’s the best way to prepare the iPhone before putting on screen protectors? I’ve got the Power Support ones.

I put on the back one but despite repeatedly wiping it down with the PS cloth and it looking clear there are one or two foreign bodies causing little air bubbles on the back. I don’t mind so much on the back, as the main aim is to protect the glass but I’d prefer that the front screen looked perfect.

Just make sure that its not too dusty etc and make sure you wipe the phone screen down before applying the screen protector...i did mine a week back and it went on without any probs...i also have the Power support HD Anti glare one but with mine its not been cut very well ie theres a small gap that runs down the left hand side of the phone where the sp doesnt cover it...tried re-applying it but it also happens on the right hand side if you try to cover the left hand side....pretty shoddy workmanship from Power support and they want close to £30 for their sp's lol.

Soldato
Is anyone else getting the "No sim card" error coming up randomly?. I have not had it till this week and it has just happened again. Switching to Airplane mode and then back fixes it but I'm a bit concerned it has began to do this all of a sudden?.

Soldato
Just make sure that its not too dusty etc and make sure you wipe the phone screen down before applying the screen protector...i did mine a week back and it went on without any probs...i also have the Power support HD Anti glare one but with mine its not been cut very well ie theres a small gap that runs down the left hand side of the phone where the sp doesnt cover it...tried re-applying it but it also happens on the right hand side if you try to cover the left hand side....pretty shoddy workmanship from Power support and they want close to £30 for their sp's lol.

OK I tried that but there were still a couple of particles. Someone mentioned using alcohol (what type?) or doing it in a steamy room (I'm not making this up :D) but it's a very long thread and I can't find it again.

My Power Support back cover looks pretty well cut, I think it's supposed to be ever so slightly less wide than the phone itself, looks good apart form the air bubble.

Associate

Aren't all screen protectors like this? All good ones at least. They are cut slightly smaller than the size of the screen so you can't accidentally lift the edges. My SGP oleo and cystal back are like this, if you put them on exactly in the middle, there will be a gap on the left and right.

Soldato
Is anyone else getting the "No sim card" error coming up randomly?. I have not had it till this week and it has just happened again. Switching to Airplane mode and then back fixes it but I'm a bit concerned it has began to do this all of a sudden?.

You can 'fix' it by taking out the tray that the sim sits in and putting a tiny bit of sellotape on the little bit of tray the shorts with the case:

iphone11n.jpg

Have a look at this thread:

http://wooservers.com/20100710/fixing-iphone-4g-no-sim-installed-problem/

It's worked so far with my iphone. I've not had the problem in the last three weeks since I did this 'fix'.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Which cases are people recommending?

I'm ideally looking for a decent screen protector (front and back) and something that isn't bulky at all.

A frind of mine got one which is basically a rubber strip to go round the edge and the plastic film for the front and back he had to spray a liquid which the plastic film sort of bonded with so it didn't have any air bubbles and its sealed on.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Caporegime
Aren't all screen protectors like this? All good ones at least. They are cut slightly smaller than the size of the screen so you can't accidentally lift the edges. My SGP oleo and cystal back are like this, if you put them on exactly in the middle, there will be a gap on the left and right.

Maybe i dont know as this is the first time ive put a screen protector on an iphone...my HTC desire boxwave screen protector covered the screen fully....perhaps thats the way power support have designed their screen protectors...all my other phones that ive had ie BB9700, HTC desire and even the BB Storm2 all had screen protectors that fully cover the screen without any gaps.

Soldato
I just recieved my free case from Apple. It's the Incase Snap Case (clear not smoked) and I am very happy with it. It stops the loss of signal bars issue, that hasn't caused me any loss of call, and allows me to use an iPhone 3GS soft pouch I prefer to my leather case.

When I get my Gelaskins it'll still show them off.

My contract with T-Mobile is up at the end of the year and I intend to cancel it, this iPhone 4 is on O2, but if they were t offer me an iPhone 4 on a good deal then I'd consider it and sell my current one. I wonder if 5 or so years of being a good customer will make any difference? If not it's no big deal as I am happy to leave them.

0c40cc2f.jpg

Caporegime
Which cases are people recommending?

I'm ideally looking for a decent screen protector (front and back) and something that isn't bulky at all.

A frind of mine got one which is basically a rubber strip to go round the edge and the plastic film for the front and back he had to spray a liquid which the plastic film sort of bonded with so it didn't have any air bubbles and its sealed on.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

google is your friend;)...theres so many different screen protectors out there at the moment...ive used boxwave, martin fields and power support screen protectors adn they are all very good.

Some screen protectors are dry applications whereas some you apply with a spray of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom