Ikea Galant Desks

Associate
Building a Ikea Galant Desk with T legs right now but I noticed something odd that I'm not sure is normal or not! :eek:

When I attach the bottom feet to the T legs and then attach the legs to the desk frame I notice that the feet of the T legs are not parallel with the frame of the desk, like 10 degrees off!

I took the feet off the legs and I noticed the 2 screw holes where the feet screw on to are whats making it not parallel. I have also checked the height adjust screw both sides and thats in the groove properly so its not that.

Permabanned
Read the instructions. But do it covertly so that you don't lose any man points in assembling flat pack stuff without reading said instructions.

Associate
OP
This is what I mean :p its like it for both legs and theres no way of adjusting the rotation of them. I've looked at pictures of this desk on Google Images and they seem parallel!

2nvulaq.jpg

11tsdo4.jpg

Associate
OP
is the other leg the same?

Yeah both legs are like that, both pointing inwards.

Is the screw hole square with the desk?

The screw hole on the bottom of the legs which the feet screw on to are not square with the desk.

looks like that top bolt would allow it to turn?

Can't turn the legs from the top cause next to the big screw theres a groove/lip which slots into the frame which stops the legs from rotating :p

Associate
OP
Swap the legs round.

Thanks that fixed it! All I did was unscrewed the height screws, took out the legs and swapped the legs around. Funny thing is the legs came like that in the box and there was nothing in the manual to swap the legs around lol :p

Back
Top Bottom