what language is this website in ?

Permabanned
Ehtab igni sol del ra tabla groin harun lecht li pawl fess huhdun ta dablu

Owner Ehtab Coast Sun Ra groins reiterated Paint That Lect huhdun Paul Aaron Task DABLAS

How did you generate the leters to use?

i should get a caravan and sit in it dressed like a mystical gypo and instead of a crystal ball i could use these algorthyms+ google translate to lie to people about their future

I used my brain to write whatever jargon it first came up with.

Associate
Sorry guys perhaps I was just being paranoid

But when I get a sense everything might not be as appears I tend to react to the worst case scenario as I see it , should the problem be minor/nothing I should then have it covered should it be worse than thought at least I'm doing something to reduce the damage.

Still I feel

Random text - The site specificall says it deals with mistyped searches why would they be using a random text generator for anything

Typos- Too much of it Doesn't tranlate (even with translators spellcheck) and it's doesn't appear to be repetetive ie (handrix,hemdrix,hendriks) would be a list of possible search typos.

Not sure what it is TBH

Soldato
Sorry guys perhaps I was just being paranoid

But when I get a sense everything might not be as appears I tend to react to the worst case scenario as I see it

The worst case scenario that you suggested is that it is related to some Government/Global warming conspiracy that we shouldnt see?

I doubt there is much chance of you getting into any trouble for looking at it (or trying to decode it). The fact that it is encrypted in some way probably means that they expect people to see it, especially when you consider that it is a public website which appears on search results and has no real security (it does not seem to have the correct access rights, most websites would deny access to parts of the directory structure).

If it is some kind of secret encoded message, it would be similar to a 'Numbers' radio station, in that it is accessible to everyone. Whoever created it knows that anybody can access it, but only people who know how to decode it will find it useful.

(I dont actually believe that it is any sort of secret message. But I dont think it is placeholder text either, there are too many subpages, all of which have the same layout. I think it is randomly generated text for some reason. Maybe just a proof of concept for CMS somebody has written.)

edit: Interestingly, this forum thread has not appeared on the search results yet. It doesnt usually take long before we are the top search result when obscure words are posted on here. Maybe it is a conspiracy and the search results are being doctored :p

Last edited:
Associate
It isn't entirely public though , it's one garbled link on a web metrics page somewhere.

It's pages are dated though so it is maybe some sort of diary/blog but the purpose of such a post on a page no one is ever likely to find, in code baffles me.

RE random words , the word structure is more advanced then that , it may be random syllabuls, but to my mind random words will seldom mean anything in any language as there is so few vowels and so many conventions about how consanents must be used together.

So it appears not to be about what the site claims to be about ie typos or it'd be very repetetive

Nor is it some sort of simply formed random (even using random words why would you reference the dictionaries of so many languages)

The only thing that indicates it might not be sensetive material is the fact the dates are old and it hasn't been cleaned, though that is no gautentee perhaps that is why this method of possible communication was used as the message must be publicly accessable for a long period of time.

who knows

A.

Soldato
RE random words , the word structure is more advanced then that , it may be random syllabuls, but to my mind random words will seldom mean anything in any language as there is so few vowels and so many conventions about how consanents must be used together.

Random letter can be made to look like words by following simple rules.
Try this:
pick random letters in the format of <consonant> <vowel> <vowel> <consonant> <consonant>, dont use xzq, because they are not common letters.
Now go and translate your word into every language that google translate can do.
How many times did you make a word that can be translated into another language?
(I got 3 out of 11, which fits in well with the success rate earlier in the thread when people were trying to translate it)

Soldato
I reckon it's just the gibberish that is put on a webpage before any content has actually been filled out on it, found on templates.

If said text actually does mean anything regardless of that, no idea.

Associate
Random letter can be made to look like words by following simple rules.
Try this:
pick random letters in the format of <consonant> <vowel> <vowel> <consonant> <consonant>, dont use xzq, because they are not common letters.
Now go and translate your word into every language that google translate can do.
How many times did you make a word that can be translated into another language?
(I got 3 out of 11, which fits in well with the success rate earlier in the thread when people were trying to translate it)

Fair enough but again we are getting into more advanced techniques, for what purpose, this site is supposdley about people's mispellings of things they where searching for .

Associate
Another thing that indicates it's not random is it is logically linked from text to a page the is titled correctly.

If you created 2 pages of random words and chose some random link point there would be no correltaion at all

Soldato
Another thing that indicates it's not random is it is logically linked from text to a page the is titled correctly.

If you created 2 pages of random words and chose some random link point there would be no correltaion at all

The pages are random as well tho.
1. Create random text on homepage.
2. Randomly select a couple of words to be hyperlinks
3. Generate subpage with that title and fill it with more random text

Associate
Associate
The pages are random as well tho.
1. Create random text on homepage.
2. Randomly select a couple of words to be hyperlinks
3. Generate subpage with that title and fill it with more random text

Again possbily but thats more effort than needed when you can just create 7 random pages and link them, who's to know.

/edit also these links are in random places in the text if I where testing a page like that I'd use the first word , why take the effort to locate a word somewhere later in the text and then do as you say above, bother to make this random test appear less random.

Also why the TM sign at the end of the title , perhaps testing ascii functions but again if so why make so much effort for it to appear to make sense, any ascii symbol anywhere would do the same job

Last edited:

ntg

ntg

Associate
In case anyone is still interested in this, it's a "searchspell" page, used to correct the spelling of search terms. However the words in that page are the phonetic equivalents of a non-latin alphabet language, e.g. how somebody would type Japanese in latin without a Japanese keyboard (and do typos on that as well).

This explains it a bit more: http://opie.phpwebhosting.com/~joepet/

Associate
It's linked to from here: http://opie.phpwebhosting.com/~joepet/. The site advertises itself as "searchspell...spellcheck, web search, and typo generation"

More sites from the same URL: http://opie.phpwebhosting.com/~joepet/sites/

Hi, I'm Joe. I created mibeami one day last year when I was really bored.

If you don't mind reading butt-ugly Perl, you can find the code for the text generation here:

http://www.mibeami.com/hioverclockerforumpeople.txt

Mibeami was a word on the first page of text that I really liked, so it became the name of the site. Then I just let the script run and let the site grow and grow...

My hope was that it would get some people talking, and that maybe some people would take it seriously enough to come up with some interesting theories...so I was ecstatic to come across people postulating about a government global warming plot. Thanks for making my day! :D

Associate
But...But.... But

Thats exactly what the CIA would say if someone found there site :D

Sorry bud, how did you find us then ?

/also I don't know perl would you be good enough to give me an overveiw of how that script actually works

Back
Top Bottom