**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Soldato
How about the little hole above it? whats in there?

Here's a better pic, after closer inspection is looks like an extrusion mark from when the shroud was manufactured, not an actual hole

http://imgur.com/zJoeO

It looks like it is screwed from the inside ? You might have to remove the back panel to do it which might invalidate any warranty.

Yeah...I'll consider that. I'm going to turn it on and check it's all working properly and wait any further suggestions before removing the shroud.

Soldato
I have talked to Digimate regarding the removal of the arm and one of the techs is getting a monitor setup from the stock they have to take a look.

I also commented on the fragility of the arm / base and that mine has a "droop" which, when he dismantles the monitor, he will be able to comment on.

He told me that he will email me back on how it can be done, if someone doesn't do it first.!

If and when he does contact me I will post back what is noted.

Soldato
the other option might be that you have to just use a mounting that spaces off the requisite amount so that it doesn't foul that bit of the stand that can't be removed without voiding the warranty (in case it does)

Soldato
I have talked to Digimate regarding the removal of the arm and one of the techs is getting a monitor setup from the stock they have to take a look.

I also commented on the fragility of the arm / base and that mine has a "droop" which, when he dismantles the monitor, he will be able to comment on.

He told me that he will email me back on how it can be done, if someone doesn't do it first.!

If and when he does contact me I will post back what is noted.

Good work Vimes and thanks for that - no doubt i will need to know tomorrow :)

Soldato
@andybird123

For those who would wish to wall mount it though that would mean that they would need to accept having that monitor arm still stuck in position and I'm sure that is not desirable.

Also some might want to replace the arm altogether with a Vesa 100 arm and thus it really needs to be removed in those circumstances.

I have got the tech guys personal email but I, obviously, would not place it here but at least it offers me the chance to mail him again if he forgets or something.

It is also a good opportunity to have a test of how Digimate are in communicating etc with a technical type query.

Last edited:
Soldato
@andybird123

For those who would wish to wall mount it though that would mean that they would need to accept having that monitor arm still stuck in position and I'm sure that is not desirable.

true but neither is voiding your warranty...

just taking a look at various vesa stands (wall and desk) and mounting would be possible with this stand in place and you'd retain any adjustment/movement, even if a little odd looking

the only problem this might cause that I can see is if you want flush wall mounting

obviously if DGM come back with a non-warranty-voiding solution, then brilliant, but vesa mounting is also not impossible albiet not a perfect solution

edit; woohoo, mines just been delivered

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, upon initial impressions - awesome, colours are great. Screen is lovely and sharp. I could gety very used to this monitor!

Unfortunately upon further inspection I've noticed a few issues.

Backlight bleed
First is a bit of backlight bleed on the bottom right, only really noticeable when viewing a solid black screen, and to be fair I could probably forgive that if it was the only issue.

IMG_0007.jpg

White banding
When viewing solid white there's a very sight strange banding, again only marginal though and when I really look hard, not noticeable in everyday use. Again, I can forgive that.

IMG_0009.jpg

Pixel issues
The kick in the teeth though is the number of dead(stuck?) pixels that seem to be on the screen. Due to them being so small, some are quite hard to see, so no major biggie. However when I view a solid black screen I can count 50-60 coloured specs on the running up the right hand side of the screen :(

Some more prominent than others. There's only a few that seems to be viewable no matter what I'm looking at, does that mean it's just an issue with blacks and they're not actually 'dead'?

This is three pics running up the side of the monitor.

pixels3.jpg

pixels2.jpg

pixels1.jpg

MacBook Air
I also tested a mini display port to display port cable that I picked up for about a fiver online yesterday so I could connect my Macbook Air to it, as soon as a plug it in my MBA screen greys out and forces me to restart. Never had that error in the 6 months I've owned it. I tried booting with it already plugged in and the same thing happens halfway through boot.

I'm not sure if this is a failing of the monitor, the cable or Apple. Perhaps minidisplayport to HDMI would get around the problem but I don't have a cable to test. I really want to make sure this monitor is usable with my MBA too, so if anyone has any luck please post up.

Associate
Stop it :D

I agree and then it might be hit and miss. However as there is the VGA workaround, and I rarely need the BIOS except to update it and then restore my settings, it is not too bad. It would be worse if there was not that solution.

LOL

In a word, or two...

Simply stunning.

If I want to be picky there is a small noticeable amount of backlight bleed which you can see on a totally black screen. But this was also on my Dell 2409 and my Samsung 22" Pebbles monitor.

I have not calibrated the DGM yet but my initial impressions of the colour reproduction and evenness across the screen are very very good. The viewing angles are great and I was always dismissive of that as I sit directly in front of the monitor. But it does make a difference when you are looking at the different parts of the screen as the uniformity of colours is constant.
The depths of the blacks are good and that was an aspect I was prepared to compromise on but I have no concerns there.

My eyes are not the best in the world and yet I can read the text at its native resolution and thus not needing to increase the DPI of Windows.

I am very impressed and accept the BIOS "non issue" (for me) with this monitor due to its costs. If I had have paid double then it would have been returned for that reason alone, providing it is not a common issue across other monitors.

The comfort for me was also knowing the OC will back it up with their support and a three years warranty and that was the clincher.

It is a great feeling when I get to make a good choice but I was hesitant at first not thinking that it would offer enough of a difference over the 2409. But it does for sure.

Thanks for information. I have placed my order! Will be going up from 20 to 27inches in size! Going to me a massive difference in size. Hope the IQ will be on par/better than my current NEC MultiSync 20WGX2 monitor

Associate
true but neither is voiding your warranty...

just taking a look at various vesa stands (wall and desk) and mounting would be possible with this stand in place and you'd retain any adjustment/movement, even if a little odd looking

the only problem this might cause that I can see is if you want flush wall mounting

obviously if DGM come back with a non-warranty-voiding solution, then brilliant, but vesa mounting is also not impossible albiet not a perfect solution

edit; woohoo, mines just been delivered

Please post your thoughts on the IQ/input lag of this monitor when you get the chance please.

Associate
I cannot beleave all you guys with no BIOS just don't really care that much, the monitor is not fit for purpose if you have to plug it a VGA cable JUST to see your BIOS.

Its problems like this that need to be highlighted as if we continue to buy stuff in the current state sooner or later all monitors are going to have this kind of problem because we never complain about it! This needs highlighting to DGM as quickly as possible so they can come back and tell you its not the monitor :p

Associate
Will have to agree that is quite a few! Got me concerned now! but one bad panel does not mean they all will be I suppose so shall have to wait and see what my one is like, would be nice to hear from others who have already recieved them as to how many (if any) dead pixels they have.

Soldato
with that many bad pixels 50 to 60 it has to go back!

:eek:WOW not a good sign

Yeah, I started a webnote to see if OcUK can replace it for me.

I'd like to find out whether we can remove the base arm for wall mounting before I take any further action (without testing it by removing the shroud on mine, although tbh I can't see how they'd know if you removed it, there's no sticker seal or anything).

I'd also like to get confirmation of someone using a MBA successfully on it if possible.

Soldato
I cannot beleave all you guys with no BIOS just don't really care that much, the monitor is not fit for purpose if you have to plug it a VGA cable JUST to see your BIOS.

Its problems like this that need to be highlighted as if we continue to buy stuff in the current state sooner or later all monitors are going to have this kind of problem because we never complain about it! This needs highlighting to DGM as quickly as possible so they can come back and tell you its not the monitor :p

These are cheap barebones monitors. Some cards display BIOS, some don't. It's the fault of the card in question and how it handles these kinds of monitors.

So far, not looking good! I sent a Crossover back to AW, and I'm hoping I won't have to change my 'refund' to an exchange because of these issues! Really worried about the stand. It'll drive me insane.

Associate
Very close to buying but still no answer to:

When a graphics card does not display bios through DVI, does the VGA to VGA connection display if at graphics card side requires a DVI to VGA adapter?

Is it possible remove the fitted stand stalk (which I would want to do in order to use an alternative VESA stand) without partially dismantling the monitor? Also there is no blanking plate so what is left exposed?

Associate
was hoping someone would have resolved the stand question one way or another, but bit the bullet and ordered. swore i wouldnt buy a bigger res monitor because it will cost me extra for better gfx cards :D

Soldato
Yeah, I've ordered two. Gonna open up one and see how it goes, although if I can't remove the stand without taking the monitor apart then I'm done. And it was sold as having no scalar, which we now know isn't true. (I particularly don't care for them)

Back
Top Bottom