Hello All....Official Gigabyte Support Rep

Associate
Hello GIGA-Man. :D Are you able to take suggestions on here? :) Gigabyte man for 6 years now. :)

I love my UP4 TH, glad Gigabyte haven't stopped using PCI slots. I would like an option to disable thunderbolt controller in BIOS if possible. You can disable the USB 3.0/LAN maybe the TB too?

I cannot get F9 UP4 TH BIOS to backup the second BIOS chip. ALT+F10 won't work. F8 is fine.

Associate
Hi Giga-man and welcome.....

Been having some problems with my new 7970 oc windforce 3 (GV-R797OC-3GD) it looks very much like the voltage is locked and hard coded on the card to stop any further overclocking, as even bios changes do not unlock the voltage.
Could you please confirm if this is by design or a possible faulty card :confused:

Thanks ...

I'd also like to know the answer to this.

Soldato
FAO: Giga-man

I have a question regarding the Z77X-UP5 TH, here in the UK the motherboard is very expensive, in the USA it costs the equivelent of the Asus SABERTOOTH Z77.

Generally speaking, is UK RRP pricing correct? It just seems that people in the UK are charged an excessive amount more?

Man of Honour
Hi Giga man.

Still having the same problems with my USB ports. I've been away for a couple of weeks on holiday, but the problem is still occuring despite flashing to the newest bios some time back, as advised.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18447616

I've posted on the Gigabyte forum and sent off a techinaical request form to GGTS to see if they can advise.

It's getting to be a pita to keep unplugging and replugging devices to cure this problem. Whilst it can go for days without it happening, it can also be several times a day :(

Confused :confused:

Associate
Hi GIGA-man,

I'm considering an RMA due to some very strange behavior. Would appreciate any comments on the details I've listed here. Specifically, is this sort of thing anyone has experienced in the past, and was it due to a m/b issue? I'm particularly concerned about the BIOS corruption. Thanks!

Associate
OP
Hello GIGA-Man. :D Are you able to take suggestions on here? :) Gigabyte man for 6 years now. :)

I love my UP4 TH, glad Gigabyte haven't stopped using PCI slots. I would like an option to disable thunderbolt controller in BIOS if possible. You can disable the USB 3.0/LAN maybe the TB too?

I cannot get F9 UP4 TH BIOS to backup the second BIOS chip. ALT+F10 won't work. F8 is fine.

Suggestions for BIOS modifications should be submitted at http://ggts.gigabyte.com

FAO: Giga-man

I have a question regarding the Z77X-UP5 TH, here in the UK the motherboard is very expensive, in the USA it costs the equivelent of the Asus SABERTOOTH Z77.

Generally speaking, is UK RRP pricing correct? It just seems that people in the UK are charged an excessive amount more?

All markets are different in price. We cannot comment on the prices of other countries as there are many factors which could result in different price’s (tax, shipping cost, storage cost, exchange rate to name but a few factors).

Does Gigabyte ever intend to release any UEFI BIOS for GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 series boards ?

@nightmare99 too

I will push our HQ BIOS team again for this, sorry to keep you waiting so long

Associate
Thought I would pop this question up in here as well.

I have just built my system with a UP5 and when I boot up I get a code of D4 on the little on board code display, however if I go into BIOS do nothing and just save and exit it goes back to A0 until the next time I down power re-power.

Does anyone have any clue as to why this could be? I have flashed the BIOS to F11 which is the latest one on the website.

Just seems odd that if I boot via bios with no changes then it sits at A0 but if not I get the D4. The thing is if the led display wasn't there then I guess I would never know as everything seems fine?

Man of Honour
Hi Giga - Man

I have now uploaded videos of my ongoing problem in this thread ;

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18459970

I would appreciate a comment on this , as GGTS seem to be adamant on making me try YET another BIOS to cure the problem.

This problem has occured on original BIOS and updated F7 BIOS also.

I've been very patient, but it seems that Gigabyte do not seem to be treating this as a fault.

Associate
Does Gigabyte ever intend to release any UEFI BIOS for GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 series boards ?
@nightmare99 too

I will push our HQ BIOS team again for this, sorry to keep you waiting so long

Well does Gigabyte still intend to push an UEFI-BIOS for this modell? Nearly one year later and still nothing!

This is very sad, maybe you can do something about this?

P.S.: Yes i know i am reopening an old thread, but this one is fitting best because of your answer.

Associate
@emas

You duplicated the question from our forum, which has been answered by one of our power users here

Thanks for the answer GIGA-Man, but thats still weird!
I opened a GGTS request a few days ago and yesterday they sent me u1b!

Reading the linked Post it looks like i should not try that one at all :(

And besides of that, do you know what exactly is the cause? I mean whats so different to the other Z68X-UD ... boards, that makes this impossible / hard to do?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Sorry for crossposting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom