• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Associate
"GPU Boost 2.0 will let Titan owners overclock and olvervolt their cards, with higher limits than with previous cards and optimisations for water-cooling setups."

This is great news indeed, although overclocking is not really necessary at this point. However having locked volts when paying such a high premium for this card would be a real kick in the balls.

Soldato
"GPU Boost 2.0 will let Titan owners overclock and olvervolt their cards, with higher limits than with previous cards and optimisations for water-cooling setups."

This is great news indeed, although overclocking is not really necessary at this point. However having locked volts when paying such a high premium for this card would be a real kick in the balls.

I should expect a card costing what it will to do all of that. That isn't good information, that's necessary.

Selling a card that costs a grand with locked voltage would be an insult so that sort of stuff is to be expected.

I want to see performance. Real world performance. Not boring stuff that goes without saying.

Associate
I should expect a card costing what it will to do all of that. That isn't good information, that's necessary.

Selling a card that costs a grand with locked voltage would be an insult so that sort of stuff is to be expected.

I want to see performance. Real world performance. Not boring stuff that goes without saying.

How does it go without saying when they locked the 690? :)

Soldato
How does it go without saying when they locked the 690? :)

The 690 uses two mid ranged parts already pushed to the limit. It's also a dual GPU card so heat is a big issue.

Titan (or the GTX 68? as I will refer to it as) should have no such issues. It's also got a pretty poxy clock on it (deliberate) and should have masses of headroom.

I promise you if AMD had something out then 700mhz would be pushed as high as possible with the volts locked.

But they don't, so this is a free release and they could clock it at 600mhz if they wanted to.

Kepler was and is a completely different story.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It actually works quite well most of the time, but not @5760*1080 where the bus and memory let the 690s down.

Yeap the old problems of quad sli went away with the 690.

The microstuttering and scaling has improved so much its actually just as good or better than single pcb/gpu cards as was stated by many of the reviewers at the time of release.

Luckily i dont game at massive resolutions so i dont get the memory/bandwidth problem.

Soldato
It actually works quite well most of the time, but not @5760*1080 where the bus and memory let the 690s down.

No it doesn't.

I had quad SLI GTX 295 for ages and about one game worked properly and scaled properly.

I also ran surround and it was just as much of a headache as quad sli.

Read this.

sli-1.jpg

Noting - hardly any games support it. Two GPUs is bad enough but at least Nvidia sell dual GPU solutions out of the box (GTX 590 and 690). Thus they will spare a few hours making dual GPUs work.

Quad GPUs are not supported not even by them, so good luck expecting anything to work properly.

I've said it a million times, game companies DO NOT support more than two GPUs. They would have to implement it and sell it as a separate game and there is nothing in it for them so all you get is a bodge by Nvidia at best.

Soldato
No it doesn't.

Noting - hardly any games support it. Two GPUs is bad enough but at least Nvidia sell dual GPU solutions out of the box (GTX 590 and 690). Thus they will spare a few hours making dual GPUs work.

Quad GPUs are not supported not even by them, so good luck expecting anything to work properly.

I've said it a million times, game companies DO NOT support more than two GPUs. They would have to implement it and sell it as a separate game and there is nothing in it for them so all you get is a bodge by Nvidia at best.

yea quadsli is headache.
any set up with 3 cards does seems to work fine.

AMD seems to have a tad better altough I personally would never go beyond 2 cards and I prefer just one card.

but 2 Titans should be pretty decent in a set up.

Back
Top Bottom