• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Unigine Valley Leaderboard**

Soldato
No I have very valid points.. You have a 7970 with a 1330mhz gpu and 1910mhz mem on a bloomfield chip that came out in 2008 running @ 4.2ghz on the same drivers etc, beating people with much newer higher clocked CPU's not to mention higher GPU clocks - by a good few points at the very edge of what 7970 can legitly do. ;)

Associate
Extreme HD Settings - Score : 3602

7970 CFX @1050/1500
i7-3960X @4.2GHz

t62d91.jpg

Soldato
No I have very valid points.. You have a 7970 with a 1330mhz gpu and 1910mhz mem on a bloomfield chip that came out in 2008 running @ 4.2ghz on the same drivers etc, beating people with much newer higher clocked CPU's not to mention higher GPU clocks - by a good few points at the very edge of what 7970 can legitly do. ;)

+1

Soldato
If I disabled all the tweaks in radeon pro and reran I coukd get 2380... but im not going too...

My ccc is default after an install of a driver :)

Caporegime
So anyone that beats your top scores is automatically branded cheater?
Is that your only argument, because I can't see one that makes sense?

What is your proof that my score is invalid? The assumption that it must be, because it's higher than yours?

Locky is spot on CYPER. This benchmark and unigine 4 are both very accurate. Scores at similar clocks should be almost identical.

Associate

Again you seem to emphasize too much on the role of the CPU in this test which is not the case here, because the i7 950 (which btw was released in June 2009) is not so weak when overclocked to 4.2Ghz. You don't seem to have any credible statistics about CPU performance in this test, yet you confidently state that I must be cheating because my CPU is so old and weak. Well here is a little picture, so you can educate yourself:

That is for Heaven 3.0:

testxhg.png

In regards to the GPU - we have different setups, with different cooling solutions, so maybe you should accept the idea that cards do throttle and and that not every single test is the same, even if you run it under the same circumstances. I got a successful run at 1335/1910, but the score was a bit lower than the one on the previous page. How do you explain that?

It might be just that my setup handles the test better that yours, because it is not only the CPU/GPU combo that matters, but there are other variables that influence the end result ;)

Associate
Locky is spot on CYPER. This benchmark and unigine 4 are both very accurate. Scores at similar clocks should be almost identical.

Which clocks? Core? Memory? Which one plays more important role? At what ratio? You seem to state things as facts, yet you lack any data ;)

Soldato

Bloomfield is a Bloomfield is a Bloomfield, doesn't matter if its a 920 930 or a 950 the end result is 4 to 4.4ghz they are all the same and Bloomfield was released 2008.

My card is not throttling running at 40c let me tell you that, your card is 13c hotter than mine at lower clock rate.

Don't give me some BS that a Bloomfield is clock for clock better than a Sandybridge.

I grant this is mostly a GPU bench, but the CPU pushing the GPU plays a big part, and going by your logic that this is a GPU bench people with higher GPUS clocks have lower scores, doesn't add up.

anyway it's up to the OP to add your results or not - I've said what I think so be it.

Last edited:
Associate
Bloomfield is a Bloomfield is a Bloomfield, doesn't matter if its a 920 930 or a 950 the end result is 4 to 4.4ghz they are all the same and Bloomfield was released 2008.

My card is not throttling running at 40c let me tell you that, your card is 13c hotter than mine at lower clock rate.

Don't give me some BS that a Bloomfield is clock for clock better than a Sandybridge.

Did you miss the part where I say that CPU performance doesn't play a very big role in this GPU test? Again GPU Test.
Did you also miss the part where I tell you that my CPU is faster than yours - you should have missed it, because I never said anything like that, but you somehow read it :confused:

and going by your logic that this is a GPU bench people with higher GPUS clocks have lower scores, doesn't add up.

You have 10Mhz higher on the core, I have 440Mhz higher on the memory. Who has higher clocks?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Did you miss the part where I say that CPU performance doesn't play a very big role in this GPU test? Again GPU Test.
Did you also miss the part where I tell you that my CPU is faster than yours - you should have missed it, because I never said anything like that, but you somehow read it :confused:

You have 10Mhz higher on the core, I have 440Mhz higher on the memory. Who has higher clocks?

Memory clocks make very little difference past 1800mhz. I know as ive tested this thoroughly myself. I'm talking a few points gain at most from 1823/1875. Sorry, not buying it. Up to the OP if he adds your score or not, but we know its not a legitimate score.

Make the most of it you AMDers, the Titans are coming :D

Pff. :(

You shouldn't even be in the same bracket which the amount that cost. :D

Last edited:
Soldato

The CPU does play a large role mate.

I can loose 80 points by going from 4.6Ghz to 4Ghz....
My CPU at 3.8Ghz is much faster than yours at 4.2Ghz....

So you have to understand that the CPU does play a large role in this benchmark.

Make the most of it you AMDers, the Titans are coming :D

Nahhh Its 3x the price so it shouldn't be held in the same bracket tbh... Should have its own leader table.

Soldato
21/02/13 - Any results submitted with Intel HD Graphics listed in results will not be added

Red Denotes AMD, Green Denotes Nvidia and Blue for Intel.

*EDIT* oh I get it now, its not saying that Intel cards are not allowed then giving a colour and results for Intel cards like I first thought, its saying results that include Intel HD's and other cards (boosted through Lucid) are not allowed.

Last edited:
Soldato

It says that Intel card results are not acceptable, then lists the colour for them :S

*EDIT* oh I get it now, its not saying that Intel cards are not allowed then giving a colour and results for Intel cards like I first thought, its saying results that include Intel HD's and other cards (boosted through Lucid) are not allowed.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nahhh Its 3x the price so it shouldn't be held in the same bracket tbh... Should have its own leader table.

You don't like the power of them, so want to put them into a seperate category? I didn't like the power of the 7970 over the 680's but didn't put them into a sperate category because I didn't like it.

It is playing by the rules and is a single core GPU. Cost shouldn't come into it. Buy one or deal with it ;)

Back
Top Bottom