• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Unigine Valley Leaderboard**

Associate
Guess it might make alittle difference

i5 2500k @4.1 = 1258, 4.5=1264

6950 unlocked to 6970 @ 940/1375

valley2013-02-2300-07-22-51_zps58c0ab5a.jpg

Caporegime
OP
You don't like the power of them, so want to put them into a seperate category? I didn't like the power of the 7970 over the 680's but didn't put them into a sperate category because I didn't like it.

It is playing by the rules and is a single core GPU. Cost shouldn't come into it. Buy one or deal with it ;)

gregster in absolutely right, the cost of the GPU is completely irrelevant.

I understand the argument, and i may add an extra category for low and mid tier performance GPU's, but i'm not separating Titan from the top end to create some sort of top top end category with Titan all on its own just because it more powerful than all the rest of the top end GPU's.

The 7970 seems to mullur the GTX 680 in almost all of these sort of benchmarks, thats no reason to separate it from them, neither is cost, a GTX 580 cost £400 not so long ago, its now beaten by a GTX 660TI which never cost anywhere near that much.

Edit, i'm going to sleep on the CYPER debacle.

Last edited:
Associate

If you would decide that I'm the only one around here that should prove the legitimacy of his results then I would want specific rules on what you would want to see in the video proof all here want.

One guy tells me it's ok to cool my PC however I can, Locky tells me I'm a cheater cause I use outside air. They can't even settle that between themselves :o

And may I suggest a compulsory video proof for the top 3 spots ;)
Why should I be the only one to prove my score :confused:

Associate
Cyper in all honesty after having done a few runs I have to agree with the others that your score does look a little odd.

Let me explain.

I did the first run at 1330/1900, that's the same core clock as yours but with the memory 10MHz lower, yet I scored 33 points lower, and I have a 2600k running at 5.2GHz. I am also running the latest drivers that improve performance.

in addition, I also found that running the CPU a little higher did add a few points. So the extra 10 MHz on the memory not only gave you 33 points more but you are also running a i7 920, which brings me to the conclusion that you are scoring around 45-50 points more than I would with the same CPU with only a 10 MHz memory clock advantage.

Moving on, I just did another run. This time at 1345/1910, so the same memory clock as your score, but with the core 15MHz higher and with the faster CPU. Yet my score is still lower and I added only 23 points in total.

Using lower clocks and a slower processor you are scoring a good 10 points higher, while the rest of us have scores which are quite linear in the sense that my score and Matt's score look perfectly balanced given the clocks we are running and the CPU memory clocks etc.

At the same rate, the lads running x79 are always going to have to run their GPU clocks higher as this benchmark is almost entirely GPU bound and X79 tends to reduce graphics performance slightly when compared to dual channel socket 1155 running the same GPU clocks.

All in all, the rest of the scores are all balanced and linear, then we have your score which clearly sticks out considering your components and clocks.

I hope that made sense. :o

Caporegime
gregster in absolutely right, the cost of the GPU is completely irrelevant.

I understand the argument, and i may add an extra category for low and mid tier performance GPU's, but i'm not separating Titan from the top end to create some sort of top top end category with Titan all on its own just because it more powerful than all the rest of the top end GPU's.

The 7970 seems to mullur the GTX 680 in almost all of these sort of benchmarks, thats no reason to separate it from them, neither is cost, a GTX 580 cost £400 not so long ago, its now beaten by a GTX 660TI which never cost anywhere near that much.

Thanks for confirmation. Just because it is expensive, it shouldn't be excluded :)

Soldato
If you would decide that I'm the only one around here that should prove the legitimacy of his results then I would want specific rules on what you would want to see in the video proof all here want.

One guy tells me it's ok to cool my PC however I can, Locky tells me I'm a cheater cause I use outside air. They can't even settle that between themselves :o

Cus your score sticks out like a sore thumb.

If you add his score then delete me from this thread. The guy doesn't deserve to be apart of this forum.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I have not read anywhere the questioning of cooling and not sure where you got this idea? I read through Locky's comments on here and see nothing about how you should cool your PC.

The only thing being questioned is the settings in CCC.

Like a few have said, these bench results are done on trust/pride/honesty and I know full well how to cheat at this and other bench results by adjusting settings in Nvidia Inspector but I would know I cheated and this wouldn't sit right with me.

Man of Honour
Thanks for confirmation. Just because it is expensive, it shouldn't be excluded :)

Titans are very welcome over on the Heaven 4 bench.:D;)

I have not read anywhere the questioning of cooling and not sure where you got this idea? I read through Locky's comments on here and see nothing about how you should cool your PC.

The only thing being questioned is the settings in CCC.

Like a few have said, these bench results are done on trust/pride/honesty and I know full well how to cheat at this and other bench results by adjusting settings in Nvidia Inspector but I would know I cheated and this wouldn't sit right with me.

+1

I like posting high scores myself, but people have no problem believing them because I also post some really bad scores as well.

Soldato
Great effort on air cooling, I wouldn't be anywhere near without water I think.

LtMatt, you have 1ghz higher on your CPU - not to mention the faster clock for clock cpu and your GPU speed is almost identical yet he still scores higher than you, hmmm strange.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Great scores locky and Proto. I'll have to settle for third, won't be beating your scores. I guess i shouldn't complain seeing as you're both on water cooling.

[email protected]
7970@1335/1900

FPS:56.8
Score:2375

5ubzHB0.jpg

LtMatt, you have 1ghz higher on your CPU - not to mention the faster clock for clock cpu and your GPU speed is almost identical yet he still scores higher than you, hmmm strange.

That would be a first :p

I want to give my 7970s a go on the new drivers, I won't get anywhere near your scores but it will still be fun. Unfortunately I have to wait until next tuesday for some time off.

Caporegime

I think Proto is overclocking BLK so would explain for his higher score. I know he did on 3dmark advanced, that's how he beat my score along with a slightly higher core clock.

I have yet to experiment properly with BLK. Last time i did though it limited my gpu overclock a little.

EDIT

Yes sorry i got confused for some reason. I agree Locky, CYPHER's score is as dodgy as they come.

That would be a first :p

I suffer in silence. :D

I want to give my 7970s a go on the new drivers, I won't get anywhere near your scores but it will still be fun. Unfortunately I have to wait until next tuesday for some time off.

We wait with baited breath. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I think Proto is overclocking BLK so would explain for his higher score. I know he did on 3dmark advanced, that's how he beat my score along with a slightly higher core clock.

I have yet to experiment properly with BLK. Last time i did though it limited my gpu overclock a little.

:)

I wasnt questioning proto's score :D

I was comparing yours like for like with CYPER

Associate
lol got me worried for a second there. :eek::(

Looks like this thread may prove to be a bit of a handful at this rate. :(

Great scores locky and Proto. I'll have to settle for third, won't be beating your scores. I guess i shouldn't complain seeing as you're both on water cooling.

[email protected]
7970@1335/1900

FPS:56.8
Score:2375

5ubzHB0.jpg

Great effort, Matt. :)

I think the slightly lower clocks are holding you back a little, and having my CPU water cooled does give me the confidence to push it that little more. :o

Caporegime
lol got me worried for a second there. :eek::(

Looks like this thread may prove to be a bit of a handful at this rate. :(

Great effort, Matt. :)

I think the slightly lower clocks are holding you back a little, and having my CPU water cooled does give me the confidence to push it that little more. :o

Hehe sorry got yours and cypher scores and benches confused for a second. I know you have higher gpu clocks than me, just had a blonde moment. :D

Does BLK overclocking improve the gpu score in this bench at all proto?

Back
Top Bottom