Bioshock 3 - Infinite

Soldato
Strong reviews across the internet for this.

Do you have to be familiar with the previous Bioshocks to play this? I tried Bioshock 1 but never completed it - a bit too FPSy for me.

Soldato
I thinking I might not play this till new AMD drivers or game update. What I hate is how the PC reviews dont say anything about this?
What they using a special version of the game or something.

Soldato
I thinking I might not play this till new AMD drivers or game update. What I hate is how the PC reviews dont say anything about this?
What they using a special version of the game or something.

Because drivers change quite a lot, and in the time between a game being reviewed and the game being launched, Well it's usually quite a while

Add to that the fact the different drivers have sometimes different effects on different cards and set ups means that not even Septic Peg could accurately guess how things are going to work out.

Welcome to the joy that is PC gaming, Don't like it? Buy a console and suffer poor graphics and slow framerates :D

Soldato
Because drivers change quite a lot, and in the time between a game being reviewed and the game being launched, Well it's usually quite a while

Add to that the fact the different drivers have sometimes different effects on different cards and set ups means that not even Septic Peg could accurately guess how things are going to work out.

Welcome to the joy that is PC gaming, Don't like it? Buy a console and suffer poor graphics and slow framerates :D

So you saying the Frame rate locking at 30fps at randoms times is just my setup? Have a look on steam forum and even 2k forum you will see this game is bugged.
Not just AMD also nvidia they is not a single chance this didn't show up in the PC reviews but they all choose to ignore it and say nothing.

Soldato
Did not realise there were ultra settings, switched from high to ultra and noticed no difference at all =/

RE vsync, I switched it off in game and forced it in nv control panel and it was still acting strange, adaptive vsync worked a treat.

Soldato
Did not realise there were ultra settings, switched from high to ultra and noticed no difference at all =/

RE vsync, I switched it off in game and forced it in nv control panel and it was still acting strange, adaptive vsync worked a treat.

Yes using RadeonPro and vsync in game or RP it still locks down to 30fps. I dont like using Dynamic vsync has it still give screen tear for me (I really cant stand screen tear) lol

Soldato
Vsync Bug Fixed :D

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\BioShock Infinite\Engine\Config\BaseEngine
Scroll Down To [SystemSettings]
VsyncTo60WhenUnder30=False Change to VsyncTo60WhenUnder30=True

Save and close and Right click BaseEngine and set to read only.

Tested on known part where frame rate hits 30FPS now its a solid 60fps :D

Sorry guys this is wrong file to change. undo this if you have done it and follow agnes one below.

Sadly mate, you was wrong :(

But helped a lot! It's this file you want to change. The one you suggested does not effect ingame other than reset the options. It's the related windows user config file. Still the same line you pulled though! So couldn't have been done without you mate:

C:\Users\Fresh\Documents\My Games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config

You want to change the XEngine.ini

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm, getting video crashes after about 5 minutes play on gx60 laptop (7970m at stock, driver version 12.100.17.0). Can't get past the arrival bit to the city as video freezes (though audio continues), requiring quitting out in task manager. Ah the joy of pc gaming.

Back
Top Bottom