*** OS X Mavericks ***

Permabanned
OP
So far on Mavericks DP2 I have used successfully all the Apple apps such as Mail, Safari, Maps etc.

I have also used with no issue:

Parallels 8 with Windows 8.
Final Cut Pro.
Aperture.
Tweetdeck.
Office 2011 including Outlook connected to DavMail/Exchange 2003.
Geekbench 2.
uTorrent.
Evernote.
Pages.
Bitdefender.
Coda 2.
World of Warcraft.
iA Writer.
Clear.
Pixelmator.
Wunderlist.
VLC.
Think or Swim Share Trading Software.

All work fine and zero crashes or errors in Mavericks itself, hope that helps.

I upgraded from Mountain Lion as well with all those apps previously installed.

Soldato
I imagine not, but can you upgrade direct from Lion to Mavericks? Or will I need to buy Mountain Lion?

Many websites quote (below) as the minimum specs... I would assume if you have snow leopard you can upgrade directly without having to go the Lion -> Mountain Lion upgrade pathway (but I might be wrong)

The systems need to be 64-bit, Intel-based Macs running Mac OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard or higher, and users need at least 8GB of free disk space for installation.

Soldato
I've found out something interesting - the HDD is able to spin down even when it's part of a Fusion Drive volume. Also, my CPU is barely being used, and hovering at 49 degrees C. It has NEVER been this cool before. Really impressed so far.

Just wish they would fix the Wi-Fi in DP2.

Soldato
Really excited to start using the iCloud keychain - I currently use 1Password - but having the ability to use it in Safari itself will be a massive bonus.

Any usage? Any thoughts? :p

Soldato
Just a quick bump - Wondered what the keychain has been like for you beta users...

Marky said:
Really excited to start using the iCloud keychain - I currently use 1Password - but having the ability to use it in Safari itself will be a massive bonus.

Any usage? Any thoughts? :p

Soldato
Just installed DP3 last night but by time I had finished it was too late for a play. Will have a look tonight.

at 100% battery on ML it would typically show about 7 hours battery life remaining, this showed 11 hours :eek:

Soldato
Apparently DP2 and DP3 didn't like the stock firmware on my Buffalo router.

Switched to DD-WRT now and I can connect again. The local BT Wi-Fi hotspot exhibits the same problem as my own SSID before I tweaked the router, but I can't see myself using it before the GM release.

Soldato
Anyone else notice that the battery percentage doesn't change when charging?

Put in at ~11% and it changed to charging icon but 11% didn't change until I unplugged it then shot up to 26%. That was obviously after some time before i noticed it not going up

Back
Top Bottom