• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI GTX780 Lightning due 07/08/13

OcUK Staff
Not sure about Twin Frozr I can ask for sure.

I spoke with Gibbo he has no concrete facts guys!! Nothing confirmed about stocks, price or even spec to him officially

All I know is I am ragging these cards LN2 this weekend!! Anyone wanna bench??

Soldato
If they over £650 then they are defo over my budget I know OCUK are usually a bit pricey compare to most places but i just couldnt justify that. I have seen the twin frozr's for £*** elsewhere so I will just go down that route if needs be.

Unless you specifically want it for serious overclocking, I would look for a cheap Titan (if you need more performance) or just the cheapest GTX 780.
The Asus Direct CU looks to be better value if you just want to add a little voltage and play ;)

Permabanned
Want it for sli mate. Ref cards are no good as they are louder than the 7970 gigabyte windforces I have and the asus cards no good cos it 2 1/2 slot. 1 Titan isnt more performance than what I have so thats out the window as well.

Soldato
OP
Not sure about Twin Frozr I can ask for sure.

I spoke with Gibbo he has no concrete facts guys!! Nothing confirmed about stocks, price or even spec to him officially

All I know is I am ragging these cards LN2 this weekend!! Anyone wanna bench??

The fact msi are being oh so secretive this time around has really peaked my interests :)

Yeah sure I'll bench, let me just grab my 780 ligh....wait a minute :rolleyes:

Soldato
Want it for sli mate. Ref cards are no good as they are louder than the 7970 gigabyte windforces I have and the asus cards no good cos it 2 1/2 slot. 1 Titan isnt more performance than what I have so thats out the window as well.

Think you might need to be doing a little research regarding cooler noise :D especially if you run 2 open cooled cards in a case.
Asus is not 2.5 slot.

Anyway If I was you I would wait a couple of months to see what AMD has on offer, you should hardly be struggling with 2 7970's atm.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I don't think we'll see anymore until the 7th.

I don't recall previous lightning launches being so hush hush, lets just hope I have one in my hands by the weekend?? ;)

Soldato
OP

1 now, see what 9970's do, then possibly add another, though I may not need it, if living with a GTX470 for the last few weeks has tought me anything is that I really don't need THAT much power for the games I play, though I do want to give 3dvision a whirl at last.

I hope you have got a shilling for the meter.:D

You'd better ask the mrs, she pays the leckie bill ;):eek:

Edit: Just had a better look at the DCUII block, have EK reverted back to frosted circles and god awful port placements?!

Permabanned
Think you might need to be doing a little research regarding cooler noise :D especially if you run 2 open cooled cards in a case.
Asus is not 2.5 slot.

Anyway If I was you I would wait a couple of months to see what AMD has on offer, you should hardly be struggling with 2 7970's atm.

I'm not but is anyone on here when they upgrade? Really? :p

I like new stuff and I have fancied a 780 or 2 for a while. I cant see the 9970s being that much faster and I like physx when I can get it. Plus I just want a lightning as I didnt get round to getting the 7970 one. I was talking about ref models which are defo louder than what I have. Neither of mine need to go above 50% with a well cooled case.

Back
Top Bottom