• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unigine Heaven 4 benchmark

Associate
i5 2500k @ 4ghz

GPU: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/75wgd/

5nh.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pretty awful score :(

Associate
Did a couple of 1440P runs just for fun.

First with SLI 780's at stock 1003/1500 or something like that
CPU 4930K at 4.8GHz

1400p-SLI-StockGPUs.png

then with the GPU's overclocked to 1353/1650
Again 4930K at 4.8GHz

1400p-SLIs.png

Hope these images are ok as shrinking 1440p to any readable size still makes them too big to post really.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Did a couple of 1440P runs just for fun.

First with SLI 780's at stock 1003/1500 or something like that
CPU 4930K at 4.8GHz

1400p-SLIs.png

then with the GPU's overclocked to 1353/1650
Again 4930K at 4.8GHz

1400p-SLIs.png

Hope these images are ok as shrinking 1440p to any readable size still makes them too big to post really.

The images are fine, the only problem is you have posted the same pic twice.:D

I will update the scoreboard in the morning when I get in from work.:)

Soldato
Please excuse my ignorance, am just getting the hang of benching (first real attempt since 5 series) what or how do I tell what my gpu has boosted too in the bench?
I know what I have added to the clocks but once the bench starts I cannot see the screen for the gpu (precision) so what should I do?

Thanks in advance :)

Man of Honour
OP
Please excuse my ignorance, am just getting the hang of benching (first real attempt since 5 series) what or how do I tell what my gpu has boosted too in the bench?
I know what I have added to the clocks but once the bench starts I cannot see the screen for the gpu (precision) so what should I do?

Thanks in advance :)

It is not something I normally worry about but if I want to know I will use GPUZ with max selected for the clockspeeds.

kyk.gif

The one above is a Titan running at stock playing RTW2.

I think there are easier ways to get the clocks that other posters can show you.

Soldato
Can someone explain to me why i get absolutly no increase in score compared to my result on page one which is 918 with 4ghz 3570k and 670 with a 1200 core and 1600 mem. I just overclocked my cpu and gfx card to 4.5ghz and card was running 1175 core and 1700 mem and i got a worse score 915 with a max fps of 82.

I just did a bench of sleeping dogs. Almost nothing improved except the average fps from 42 to 43.5. Thats pathetic from going from 4ghz to 4.5ghz on my cpu and a much larger gfx mem overclock.

Im very very confused. Something i reckon might be limiting me but i have no idea what. Only thing i can think of is maybe nvidia drivers or somit in the drivers panel that others change but i dont i try to be fair and keep nvidia drivers setting stock so like im on quality instead of performance and adaptive power instead of max power. You reckon it could be these things effecting performance even tho they shouldnt cos a boost of .5ghz on the cpu and the gfx card mem from 1500 to 1700 should have been well up enough from before to make a much better difference than what im getting.

Please help.

Also im using 326.80 betas.

Man of Honour
Heaven benchmark isn't very CPU heavy and nVidia cards typically aren't vram bandwidth limited in it either unless you substantially increase the core clock.

My old q9550 @ 4ghz would match 4.5ghz i7s with the same GPU setup and GPU clocks in this benchmark.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Heaven benchmark isn't very CPU heavy and nVidia cards typically aren't vram bandwidth limited in it either unless you substantially increase the core clock.

My old q9550 @ 4ghz would match 4.5ghz i7s with the same GPU setup and GPU clocks in this benchmark.

+1

Heaven on the settings used here works the graphics cards very hard which in turn means the CPU does not bottleneck the cards.

The 3dmark11, 3dmark vantage and 3dmark firestrike benches give bonuses for how fast/powerful the CPU is.

Unigine Valley is the exact opposite to Heaven 4 and really bottlenecks the cards, so bad it is not worth running more than 2 cards on it.

Heaven 4 is my favourite bench for GPUs as up to a point it cancels out the advantage of running a fast/powerful intel i7 and gives a fair result for the GPUs.

Soldato
So even tho my old score of 918 with my gfx card at 1200/1600 and a new score i did tonight was 1170 ish and 1700 on the vram the score was actually worse by a little bit in the score and the fps were almost the exact same or worse? Also sleeping dogs is the same story. I expected to reach a bit higher due to other systems not as oc'ed. Its just frustration that i do all this and scores are the same as not overclocking as much tbh. With the vram a lot higher i expected a bit more of a score or fps increase tbh.

I mean id like to get to 930 score but hell if i know how the heck to get there as overclocking wouldnt help.

Back
Top Bottom