• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** AMD R290X BF4 EDITION - WE ARE NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS / DEPOSITS!! **

Soldato
Thing is, if it's only the game in addition to the normal card, what's the point?

If you look at the other thread,there is a picture of two of the BF4 Edition cards.

It looks gunmetal coloured with orange lighting instead of the black and red theme for the normal cards.

Edit!!

I also have read that the BF4 Edition comes with premium membership too:

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield-4/buy

So that is around £50 overall(including the extra cost of the BF4 Digital Deluxe version) when compared to the normal version of BF4!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hm, interesting. I had already purchased the Digital deluxes as soon as it went up for pre order (couldn't see myself playing the new cod)

I suppose its down tot he lights then :p

bru

bru

Soldato
If you look at the other thread,there is a picture of two of the BF4 Edition cards.

It looks gunmetal coloured with orange lighting instead of the black and red theme for the normal cards.

That's interesting as Gibbo said this earlier.

Hi there

Just to clarify as well, the cards were stocking from Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Sapphire and HIS shall all be reference design. There will not be an non-reference cards at launch!!

Furthermore when asked how soon for non reference cards he said estimated 6 weeks.

So if your looking for one with a decent cooler on it will be about Christmas time before you can get one :)

Permabanned
Ok i gave up guys...

Pre ordered...

I been bitching about every PC compoment coming out time after time...
First Ivy Bridge (even had one) Then 7xx series with prices. Then Haswell random overclocking ect.

My 7950 is descent clocker and no problems with it at all. So selling it with water block on should be no problem :). Besides that i was planning on buying bf4 anyway and this comes with premium so ye.
At lest once in my life i can afford to go for top tier card :p

Soldato
I hope the £700 price mark isn't going to be correct >_< don't think id want to spend more than £500 on these. The whole lack of official pricing and keeping the NDA up till the last minute just seems so stupid to me.

Soldato
That's interesting as Gibbo said this earlier.

Furthermore when asked how soon for non reference cards he said estimated 6 weeks.

So if your looking for one with a decent cooler on it will be about Christmas time before you can get one :)

The BF4 edition uses the reference cooler,but it appears to have a different colour! Technically Gibbo is correct!;)

Soldato
Can loose

We dont even know how it performs Next to what we already have.. How much faster is it than 7970 how much faster is it towards Crossfire 7950??

We just dont know enough..

What seriously?? You don't know enough to put £99 on a credit card that gets refunded before you have to pay it off if you don't like the specs at release.

I can't believe people are making such a big deal out of this.

Caporegime
thing is it is clever marketing

weve had 200 pre orders when you haven't you have had 200 99 pound deposits

a lot better than people knowing full price and not ordering driving the hype.

Associate
I hope the £700 price mark isn't going to be correct >_< don't think id want to spend more than £500 on these. The whole lack of official pricing and keeping the NDA up till the last minute just seems so stupid to me.

Not stupid.

AMD want to keep Nvidia guessing to the last minute.
I get that completely

Soldato
I understand that but i guess i just find it a silly business practise to have things up for preorder, 2 weeks away from release with no concrete details on performance or price.

Back
Top Bottom