• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** AMD R290X BF4 EDITION - WE ARE NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS / DEPOSITS!! **

Soldato
Thanks for that wonderful insight.

It's totally pointless exercise. I'd be very interested in buying but I'm not going to gift an etailer £100 for a few weeks on the promise of a card I know little about, least of all the actual price. How do you know they'll be competitive? If they're not you'll have to go to the hassle of calling up for a refund and waiting the usual 5+ days.

100+ Pre-order on this exact scheme seem to indicate it is FAR from a pointless exercise.

Go troll elsewhere.

Caporegime
Nope.

That image is specifically for that Swedish retailer in the article. It even states, in Swedish "Exclusive for <retailer> is BF4 Premium" on the Product Listing. I assume full translation reveals they are throwing Premium in, not that it is included in the AMD bundle.

Hmm, not sure then. Maybe its just BF4.

Associate
Is the final retail price going to be competitive with other e-tailers.....?

Still can not actually believe people are falling over each other to buy something without knowing the price, spec, performance.

When the Titans and 780's came out people moaned about the price...but at least they knew what it was costing them! :D

I'm sure this wont be the last time we see this marketing technique.

Caporegime
It'll either be:

Low promotional pre-order price - everyone's happy marketing win, great!

High price - everyone's moaning and waiting for refunds

I suspect it'll be the former, but previous GPU launches have always had an initial price gouge, and Nvidia have shown people are happy to pay big prices for top end cards.

Soldato
""Upon product launch in mid-end October you will need to pay the remaining fee which will be several hundred pounds.""

several is normally 2 right ?

will make the 290x a bargain then ?

Soldato
tempted - but with no pre-order price its a no for me

have a mild concern that price and stock availability will be at a very similar time - so time to cancel might not be that great ? (ie before processing/packing)

Soldato
Not enough information for me to willingly pre-order... For all we know the GPU might cost £900

Indeed, i hope there is no shady mark up pricing with this pre order deal, i wonder if some of these pre orders people are putting in do the same with games, as it's essentially the same thing before reviews come out.

Just my input on things.

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo what version of BF does it come with? That can't be under NDA.

sorry about text size but posts get swallowed up on this thread

Just regular.
Nearly 150 sold now, still plenty left. :D

OcUK will also ship an AMD Golden ticket with orders too giving you an additional three games to choose from AMD. :)

Back
Top Bottom