• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Soldato
I have the "Antec High Current Pro 1200W Modular '80 Plus Gold' Power Supply", which i think has all the pc-ie power all on separate rails etc As i say, i've had SLI 580s happily for a long time. I can switch em over i guess, i'm happy to try anything.

dumb suggestion do your screens go to power save mode after x minutes?
if they do try set power mode to never shut off.-
I try anything when I encounter such

Associate
So my card is all setup now running stock...

OB2F7Pfl.jpg.png

Played a quick 30 min game of BF4 Ultra @ stock clocks, not sure on the actual FPS but it was smooth as butter.

Temperatures were:

idle: 37oC
Highest @ 100% GPU usage: 47oC

Not bad, although as I said I'm running stock speeds at the moment and very much intend on pushing the card a fair bit yet, I think I'll leave it at stock for a week or so, let it get it's legs going before I set it off sprinting.

I was wondering, it's been an awful long time since I had an ATI/AMD card, are there any particular settings in the control panel I should pay attention to/stay away from? Also when I am looking to overclock, any useful/need to know tips I should be aware of :D

jkb

jkb

Associate
I'm having problems with my card, anyone got any ideas? I can't boot using display port I get error 62 on my rampage iv formula and no boot. If I use HDMI connection then I can boot without any problem. If I then swap to display port everything is OK until I switch off and I don't get a boot again when I power back on. If I force the monitor over the DP connection to 60Hz it boots sometimes, leave it at 120Hz and nothing.

I'm totally at a loss, tried updating my BIOS, no overclock, latest AMD drivers and none of that has made a difference. Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Associate
I think I need to repeat what I asked earlier:

**HAS ANYONE HAD BLACKSCREENS WITH HYNIX Memory modules, yet?** (when NOT using CCC to overclock the MEMORY clocks).
So far 100% of the feedback about NON overdrive memory overclock caused black screens have been from Elpida.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom