• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The NEW Tomb Raider Benchmark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It was icy cold when I finished work at 5:45am this morning.... I will say no more ;)

:eek::eek: I woke up to an extremely warm house this morning, even though is was freezing outside, damn mrs and her constant use of the central heating!

You work nights too then?, if you do i feel your pain.

Does temperature play such a huge part n overclockablilty?

In the sense that say i have a core at 1200, but it's not stable at 1.300 @75c, would it help if the core was @45-50c?

my max core i can get on this 290X is 1240, anymore and it'll run the benchmark to the point looking out to sea, then crash to desktop, this happens regardless of volts.

In this situation would having a low core temp help?

Caporegime
:eek::eek: I woke up to an extremely warm house this morning, even though is was freezing outside, damn mrs and her constant use of the central heating!

You work nights too then?, if you do i feel your pain.

Does temperature play such a huge part n overclockablilty?

In the sense that say i have a core at 1200, but it's not stable at 1.300 @75c, would it help if the core was @45-50c?

my max core i can get on this 290X is 1240, anymore and it'll run the benchmark to the point looking out to sea, then crash to desktop, this happens regardless of volts.

In this situation would having a low core temp help?

I isn't the core that is the issue and more the VRM temperature. I find if I can keep those cold, I can give more into the core. Of course, it needs the core to be cold as well and my temp on my run earlier was 37C and memory was at 3767Mhz, which when warmer results in artifacting but was glitch free in the cold. The problem with the Titan is having 3GB of VRAM on the back of the PCB and no actual cooling. For benching, it would have been better to leave the back plate off and had a fan blowing onto the back of the PCB but I prefer the back plate for everyday use.

I would love to hear from 8 Pack on how they keep the VRM's cold. A lot of Titans were going pop when they were cooling them with LN2, because they had no cooling on the vrm's (or this is how I have been told).

As for work, I work shift work and every 10 weeks, I have to do a week of nights... Killers :(

Soldato
Ah right thanks for explaining pal, hopefully when i get it under-water it'll drop the vrm temps down a far bit.

Week of nights.... it would kill me, i work nights from friday trough to monday morning, horrible.

Associate
Nice scores there Kaap on the 1080 4 x titans. As expected the 4 x Titans is a full card ahead of 2x7990 in terms of scores. Spose that what 2+ times the money gets ya (going on release prices).

Really nice and knocked me of the quad top place :) as expected :D

Caporegime
f184ff0ad77d14af2c149f447d01b1e7.jpg

3930K @ 4.625Ghz. GTX Titan at 1346mhz/3767Mhz 331.65 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom