• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** VTX3D R9 290 PRE-FLASHED TO R9 290X & VOLTAGE UNLOCKED!! **

Soldato
Well next week we shall have another AIB on offer as well. :)
Sigh...I should not have ordered today :( Would be good to have BF4 as well. It's not even like I gonna receive the card till Tuesday with today being Friday. People who are ordering on Monday will still receive the new batch of cards along with BF4 on the same day as I receive the VTX...

Soldato
These other ones will cost more due to including BF4, be about £380ish and I did not know about them until I thought to test one after testing all the VTX3D stock.
Ah that's ok then. Would had been gutted if it only costed like £5-£10 more.

But although the are all same reference, I still wish I had HIS instead of VTX, as VTX is kinda like a cheap brand :p

Soldato
Umm all of these "Brands" i believe were produced by 1 manufacturer on behalf of AMD as they are all the same reference, then they are shipped to the AIB's to slap their logo and boxes on etc, they all come from the same factory if im correct. So all of the components are the same for the first batches regardless, is what im led to believe?

OcUK Staff
OP
Umm all of these "Brands" i believe were produced by 1 manufacturer on behalf of AMD as they are all the same reference, then they are shipped to the AIB's to slap their logo and boxes on etc, they all come from the same factory if im correct. So all of the components are the same for the first batches regardless, is what im led to believe?

Correct, Sapphire (PC Partner) build all the reference cards to AMD's specification. :)

Soldato
It seems that certain AIB's just "lucked-in" then, and didn't even know 290X chips were installed. Just think how much more profit they could have made if they had an army of Gibbo's flashing and repackaging them as cheap 290X's:).

Soldato
Man just had a horror image of an army of Gibbos in a factory flashing and boxing 290's! haha.

So tempted by the ref 290s, especially these unlocked ones, but i know its going to be noisy in my pc and its located in the frontroom and the missus already complains that my pc is too loud :(

Soldato
Man just had a horror image of an army of Gibbos in a factory flashing and boxing 290's! haha.

So tempted by the ref 290s, especially these unlocked ones, but i know its going to be noisy in my pc and its located in the frontroom and the missus already complains that my pc is too loud :(

Tell her that the only solution is to get water cooling. Tell her it's an investment on her peace of mind.

Soldato

Well, I have already ordered the flashed to 290x VTX.

I gonna see how the stock cooler do first. If it really is quite bad, I just gonna buy a Gelid Icy Vision Rev2 cooler and install that. Only cost around £30, and it seems to perform quite well according to this:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1439731/bored-of-waiting-for-none-ref-290x-check-this-simple-cheap-fix

Soldato
Well, I have already ordered the flashed to 290x VTX.

I gonna see how the stock cooler do first. If it really is quite bad, I just gonna buy a Gelid Icy Vision Rev2 cooler and install that. Only cost around £30, and it seems to perform quite well according to this:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1439731/bored-of-waiting-for-none-ref-290x-check-this-simple-cheap-fix

Those Gelid coolers are the dogs b******s, had one on my 470, really tamed the 470 heat and were whisper quiet, one of the most underrated vga coolers in my opinion. :)

Caporegime
Am I the only one who finds it a little harsh that I no longer have the chance to buy a 290 VTX at the cheap price and flash it myself to a 290X with the unlocked shaders? Don't get me wrong, I can see the benefit of it but not a chance for anyone to get a VTX 290 at the cheap price and have a chance of it being unlockable to a 290X.

OcUK Staff
OP
Am I the only one who finds it a little harsh that I no longer have the chance to buy a 290 VTX at the cheap price and flash it myself to a 290X with the unlocked shaders? Don't get me wrong, I can see the benefit of it but not a chance for anyone to get a VTX 290 at the cheap price and have a chance of it being unlockable to a 290X.

You could buy from elsewhere.
For us if we allowed that DSR returns would shoot up as people would just DSR cards which don't flash, meaning we'd have to b-grade them.

For us it's far better business sense to do it the way we are, were offering a unique service which no other etailor does, removing the risk and gamble to the customer whilst maintaining the full warranty and still being far cheaper than a genuine 290X.

Caporegime
You could buy from elsewhere.
For us if we allowed that DSR returns would shoot up as people would just DSR cards which don't flash, meaning we'd have to b-grade them.

For us it's far better business sense to do it the way we are, were offering a unique service which no other etailor does, removing the risk and gamble to the customer whilst maintaining the full warranty and still being far cheaper than a genuine 290X.

Fair enough :)

Wasn't a dig at OcUK and like I said, it is a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom