Forza 5 Announced

Soldato
Had a blast on this last night and came away feeling a bit meh and slightly disappointed. Don't know why, but I felt Forza 4 was a much better game over all. Graphics wise, it's just a step up, at most, from the previous game (looks good don't get me wrong), butI certainly didn't come away thinking 'wow that's next gen that', it just didn't have that sparkle like the previous games, or offer that next gen feel. I'm sure with the next Forza, things will be much better, I hope!

I'll score it 6/10

Yes seems that way - very disappointing as this would have been my most played game. Upside is my want for the XBONE has subsided :D. I can live with the 360 for a while longer.

Associate
Considering the game has been in development for 2 years, and in conjunction as to what was going to be in the Xbone I really don't think Turn10 could have done a better job. Aye the content is sparse but from a technical standpoint where can they go from here?

Judging from the streams I have been watching it looks to be the same old physics model that they are using in the fact it seems almost ludicrous as to how fast and how easy it is to keep slides. Try doing that in Assetto Corsa or iRacing for example and it makes this game look laughably arcade.

Yes those games are tailored for being Simulation first and foremost but I thought some of the physics would have been looked at. I know the tyre model was greatly improved but it just looks like more of the same.

Soldato
Slides easy to control? Which car are you using?

I picked the S2000 for my first car, turned all assists off apart from ABS and steering onto simulation, the car spins on every corner if you don’t know what you’re doing and nearly impossible to get back.

Loving the fact you have to brake before you start to corner otherwise it makes the car unstable to start with and you have to feather the throttle on the way out until your near enough straight, do both these wrong and your off, brilliant physics imo! Realistic as a game can get to tail happy S2000 in real life.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Question for you Forza 5 owners. I have read the micro transactions are OTT in this game and I have read that some cars if you wanted to buy them cost more than £13. My view on this is if you have spent £50 on a game you should get the full game.

Normally in this type of game your progression through the game would unlock cars and track. Can you still do this with Forza 5? Do you feel as though you are grinding to unlock cars?

Soldato
Question for you Forza 5 owners. I have read the micro transactions are OTT in this game and I have read that some cars if you wanted to buy them cost more than £13. My view on this is if you have spent £50 on a game you should get the full game.

Normally in this type of game your progression through the game would unlock cars and track. Can you still do this with Forza 5? Do you feel as though you are grinding to unlock cars?

No, you can still unlock and buy cars normally, and it's not too hard in terms of grinding. Not to Gran Turismo levels anyway :p

Car DLC has been part of Forza and other games for a while now, this is nothing new, and I think the £13 you quote is for a full car pack, not just 1 car.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
No, you can still unlock and buy cars normally, and it's not too hard in terms of grinding. Not to Gran Turismo levels anyway :p

Car DLC has been part of Forza and other games for a while now, this is nothing new, and I think the £13 you quote is for a full car pack, not just 1 car.

Cheers for that, you have put my mind at rest.

Soldato

I've bought almost all the cars now and I'm just saving up for the formula one car :) I wasn't aware until just now that you could spend real money though. I think you can just ignore that - spending real money is just for cheaters that wanna skip all the championships in the middle of the career as they give you millions of credits.

Associate
OP
I think this game is great and they've done a great job albeit the content cut but that's not really a surprise as they were on a tight schedule and moving onto a new platform but Turn 10 have always delivered regardless. I just can't believe they took away so many different types of multiplayer modes. This is what kept me playing Forza for long periods even after I finished the career mode. I've been looking for Turn 10 to say something but they're staying awfully quiet about this.

Last edited:
Soldato
The difference is you don't get awarded any cars this time.. also with the DLC you buy the right to own the car, you're not given it and therefore have to buy it again in game with either credits (earned in game) or token which you can buy for real cash.

What you say may be right about a car costing more than £13.. for instance at the moment you get 2700000 credits (I think) for £15.99 and a McLaren P1 costs close to 2500000. The game is certainly geared to DLC and is annoying because the game comes with less cars than previous games yet there was a day 1 DLC pack for £8.

If you want to unlock the good cars then you will have to grind, depends if you like grinding.. I play it lots so don't class it as a grind but for those that don't play it as much I can see this would be annoying, especially if the bug listed above happens and you loose everything..

Soldato
I imagine this is answered somewhere in these seven pages, but without scanning through...

What's everyones general opinion on Forza 5?

I got Forza at launch with FIFA, DR3, Zoo Tycoon and Ryse. I'm not a massive racer but do enjoy the occasional session.

I've not played it yet, as a casual fan would I enjoy it or is it too in depth?

All this talk of DLC and micro-transactions have me more than a little worried...

Soldato
I've not played it yet, as a casual fan would I enjoy it or is it too in depth?

All this talk of DLC and micro-transactions have me more than a little worried...

The game is fine itself with the content you get, you've no need to buy any DLC if you don't want to. This isn't Killer Instinct with 1 free character :p

Also with the array of adjustable assists, it's more than accessible for a casual racer, Forza isn't a full-on sim.

Soldato
How are you guys finding the new impulse triggers in Forza? I believe they're used for tire feedback?

And ABS amongst others, it's nice but it's a bit like rumble. After a while you kind of forget about it.

Still a nice addition though, and F5 probably makes the best use of them so far.

Associate
Ah nice, I wasn't aware of the ABS use for them too... That's good though, looking forward to my console arriving so I can get some Forza on the go!

Back
Top Bottom