• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Soldato
Is 200mv fairly safe?

I dont really see many people pushing these cards that hard but my reference Sapphire is happily doing 1241/1500 on +100mv and is underwater with a max of 45 degrees full load.

Thanks LT

Associate
I am currently running my Gigabyte Windforce 290X at 1,175 / 1,625 (6,500)

With these settings in MSI Afterburner:-

290xafterburner.jpg~original

I know my card has Elpida memory but I am currently maxed out on the Afterburner setting of 1,625 and with only +100mv.

I take it 1,625 (6,500) on the memory with just +100mv is good considering it's using Elpida?

I have yet to experience any black screens so I am guessing I could go higher but being held back by afterburner and voltage.

Is there a way to get afterburner to allow a higher memory overclock?

Caporegime
I am currently running my Gigabyte Windforce 290X at 1,175 / 1,625 (6,500)

With these settings in MSI Afterburner:-

290xafterburner.jpg~original

I know my card has Elpida memory but I am currently maxed out on the Afterburner setting of 1,625 and with only +100mv.

I take it 1,625 (6,500) on the memory with just +100mv is good considering it's using Elpida?

I have yet to experience any black screens so I am guessing I could go higher but being held back by afterburner and voltage.

Is there a way to get afterburner to allow a higher memory overclock?

I can max out both of my cards at 1625mhz at +100mv as well and both of mine are Elpida. I wonder if you actually need that much core voltage for 1175 though? The memory will likely need it to be stable though. I just leave the memory at stock personally, unless im benching.

Associate
I can max out both of my cards at 1625mhz at +100mv as well and both of mine are Elpida. I wonder if you actually need that much core voltage for 1175 though? The memory will likely need it to be stable though. I just leave the memory at stock personally, unless im benching.

Yeah this is just for benching, I run at stock for gaming.

With all this talk about memory type either Elpida or Hynix and black screen issues I was just interested to see how far I could go really.

Associate
As above is there a way to increase the memory overclock limit in afterburner above 1,625?

Curious to know how much more I can push my card.

Though I am very happy to have got to 1,625 which I wasn't expecting with Elpida memory and just +100mv volt increase.

Last edited:
Soldato
I ran Valley today and saw that my GPU usage stays around 99/100% on GPU-z unlike before where it was all over the place. Does this mean that the load read out was fixed?

If so, i have concerns with my GPU usage in COD Ghosts. Never ever goes above 85%.

I had this with the 8350 that use to be paired with it but now its paired with my new 4770k at 4.6Ghz, so i doubt i am getting bottlenecked.

Anyone know if load is accurate now or still broken?

Back
Top Bottom