• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mantle Benchmark Thread

Soldato
What I like about mantel Is that i can run my cards at 800/1200 and get same performance from bf4 as I would at 1100/1400 on DX11!

Makes system run quieter and cooler.

Bargin

will bench this later ;)

Caporegime
OP
Just done the mantle run twice to check back the results (yep they are good) and they where within a 0.1 of each other on both runs, so happy its within error margin. Also re ran the DX11 numbers to get a good error margin.

This was done by restarting the level once it loaded to avoid the cut scene & then turning on the bench data right at the level start so no need to cut data out to allow for the load...then turning off once i got to the boat as per the video LtMatt put up, also double checked crossfire was working for both dx11 & mantle

Ultra preset 4xaa @1080p motion blur off FOV @90
i5 3570k @ 4.2 (h100i) water cooling
crossfire Tri-x 290's (stock 1000)

Mantle
Max 199
Avg 129.6
min 20.7

DX11
Max 122.4
Avg 66.2
Min 25.3

That's 95.7% improvement on the avg

Are you 100% sure that's accurate?

It looks like crossfire may not have been working on the DX11 run. I scored higher than that at 1440P at the same settings with 290 Pro crossfire.

Last edited:
Soldato
Disable the IGP on my 2500k and ran the DX & Mantle test.

Results = Mantle:

== Configuration ==========================================
API: Mantle
Scenario: ScenarioFollow.csv
User Input: Disabled
Resolution: 1920x1080
Fullscreen: True
GameCore Update: 16.6 ms
Bloom Quality: High
PointLight Quality: High
ToneCurve Quality: High
Glare Overdraw: 16
Shading Samples: 64
Shade Quality: Mid
Deferred Contexts: Disabled
Temporal AA Duration: 16
Temporal AA Time Slice: 2
Detailed Frame Info: Off
================================================== =========
== Results ================================================
Test Duration: 360 Seconds
Total Frames: 19074
Average FPS: 52.98
Average Unit Count: 4687
Maximum Unit Count: 5739
Average Batches/MS: 878.44
Maximum Batches/MS: 2596.75
Average Batch Count: 18767
Maximum Batch Count: 134425

Results = DX:

== Configuration ==========================================
API: DirectX
Scenario: ScenarioFollow.csv
User Input: Disabled
Resolution: 1920x1080
Fullscreen: True
GameCore Update: 16.6 ms
Bloom Quality: High
PointLight Quality: High
ToneCurve Quality: High
Glare Overdraw: 16
Shading Samples: 64
Shade Quality: Mid
Deferred Contexts: Disabled
Temporal AA Duration: 16
Temporal AA Time Slice: 2
Detailed Frame Info: Off
== Results ================================================
Test Duration: 360 Seconds
Total Frames: 10720
Average FPS: 29.77
Average Unit Count: 4104
Maximum Unit Count: 5427
Average Batches/MS: 582.68
Maximum Batches/MS: 1407.05
Average Batch Count: 22335
Maximum Batch Count: 135304

Looks to be promising!! However, the new AMD drivers are obviously biased to mantle. When I ran the DX test on the Star Swarn using the 31.11 drivers, the DX results were far higher.

Associate
Are you 100% sure that's accurate?

It looks like crossfire may not have been working on the DX11 run. I scored higher than that at 1440P at the same settings with 290 Pro crossfire.

hi matt,

Crossfire was defo working had the AB overlay on for the DX run, however there was a problem with the sheet i was using before the app so the Avg for mantle was well off

Did a few re-runs with the app on mantle to take human error out, think i had a problem in my setup on the excel sheet,

in short the avg should have been about 76fps on mantle so about a 30% uplift for me vs DX so still happy with that,

I will try to get some screen shots done ASAP, however like a tool i hit restart lvl not checkpoint.

Caporegime
OP
hi matt,

Crossfire was defo working had the AB overlay on for the DX run, however there was a problem with the sheet i was using before the app so the Avg for mantle was well off

Did a few re-runs with the app on mantle to take human error out, think i had a problem in my setup on the excel sheet,

in short the avg should have been about 76fps on mantle so about a 30% uplift for me vs DX so still happy with that,

I will try to get some screen shots done ASAP, however like a tool i hit restart lvl not checkpoint.

Nice one. :)

And Lol at the schoolboy error, thats going to cost you. Now you have to sit through all the tedious crap that goes on before that sequence lol. :p

Dunno, maybe put the DX and Mantle scores together in a single post so it's easier to compare DX v Mantle.

Could do that. Need to make it stand out a bit ideally.

Associate
How's everyone running these benchmarks? I usually use fraps but I am having issues with BF4 crashing every time I start the program.
Not sure about the crashing, but I read people stating elsewhere, that fraps doesn't work with Mantle.

I haven't tried it myself though ( I don't have BF4 or an AMD card ).

Back
Top Bottom