• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Mantle Benchmark Thread

Soldato
How do you change difficulty level in BF4?

I'm either missing the option due to blatant thickness, or you have to start over???

If it's a start over scenario, then goddammit matt, send me your save:eek:(please):p.

Caporegime
OP
How do you change difficulty level in BF4?

I'm either missing the option due to blatant thickness, or you have to start over???

If it's a start over scenario, then goddammit matt, send me your save:eek:(please):p.

If you've completed the campaign once then you should be able to select the mission 'South China Sea' and start from there. Selecting individual missions gives you the opportunity to pick easy difficulty. Real men complete it on hard though outside of a benchmarking run.

Associate
i5 2500k @ 4.8
7970/7950 @ 1000/1400 on 14.1.

For both DX11 and Mantle I used all ultra preset settings but with msaa 2x, 1920x1080.

DX11
Min:11.0096
Maximum:108.225
Average:72.3482

Mantle
Min:3.33834
Maximum:156.006
Average:110.48

Check them minimums out! ;)

bru

bru

Soldato
Well done Matt for setting this thread up after the issue's with the last one.

Once you have the testing/result listing methodology sorted can we have some 13.12 vs 14.1 directX benches and then mantle ones please so we can see how much improvement is the 14.1 drivers and how much is down to mantle.

Now that you've got the testing methodology sorted, any chance we can have these benches run to see how much of an improvement just the drivers make?

It would be interesting to see if anyone has them a before and after the mantle patch benchmark with an NVidia card aswell, just to see if the mantle patch has changed anything on the green side.

Soldato
Now that you've got the testing methodology sorted, any chance we can have these benches run to see how much of an improvement just the drivers make?

It would be interesting to see if anyone has them a before and after the mantle patch benchmark with an NVidia card aswell, just to see if the mantle patch has changed anything on the green side.

I uninstalled 14.1 and re-installed 13.12 to see if the Star Swarm bench showed any difference in DX.

Using the same setting in the follow scenario I got identical performance within normal test variance. Just a quick test but it shows that DX is not running slower on 41.1 to make Mantle look better.

Soldato
Anyway just tested out Single GPU and performance was give or take 10fps both felt like crap on Ultra on single 7950.
One thing worth noting here
Crossfire enabled Ultra DirectX = 85fps
Crossfire enabled Ultra Mantle = 120fps cfg locked

Single GPU - DirectX 45fps
Single GPU - Mantle between 50/55fps

So me Enabling Mantle and Crossfire I am seeing a massive boost compared to DirectX were I getting an extra 40fps to Mantle extra 70fps

Wow!

Associate
I've seen a healthy increase of about 15-20fps in most scenarios with my setup in Battlefield 4. Definitely higher minimums, I barely even dip below 60fps now even on some of the more intense 64man situations I've played in.

Very happy with the performance, also been able to raise my OC to 1250 now which is nice, so it'll be nice to see how much further they can take it as they continue to work and optimise.

Back
Top Bottom