• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Associate
photo2_zps8851469d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Associate
Kaapstad how are you finding your 290's ive just got mine yesterday after upgrading from my 7990 so i haven't really messed about with them yet(still have them in quiet mode lol) im just using for gaming really not much benching but i have been lucky and have hynix memory on both.

Man of Honour
OP
Kaapstad how are you finding your 290's ive just got mine yesterday after upgrading from my 7990 so i haven't really messed about with them yet(still have them in quiet mode lol) im just using for gaming really not much benching but i have been lucky and have hynix memory on both.

Mine also have Hynix memory which is a nice bonus when benching. To me the 290Xs feel just like the HD 7970s but a lot more powerful. The frame pacing drivers have made a big difference too.

I notice you are using watercooling on the CPU, sometime in the future extending it to the GPUs may be an idea. With water you can set the cards on uber and not have to worry about heat, noise or throttling and you get a nice performance boost too.

Associate
Mine also have Hynix memory which is a nice bonus when benching. To me the 290Xs feel just like the HD 7970s but a lot more powerful. The frame pacing drivers have made a big difference too.

I notice you are using watercooling on the CPU, sometime in the future extending it to the GPUs may be an idea. With water you can set the cards on uber and not have to worry about heat, noise or throttling and you get a nice performance boost too.

yeah i will be doing that in the future im a bit skint now though purchasing these, lol.

Back
Top Bottom