• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Catzilla 1.0 Benchmark Scores

Soldato
Only the Pack does the destroying aruond here ;):) !! 720p is now on HWbot for points so thought I would give it a go.

720P = 36357

4930K 6150
DDR3 2733 9-12-12-21 1T
ASUS 780ti 1975/2050 (XOC Bios)
ASUS RIVE BE
Antec, BeQuiet and Superflower 1200w PSU's (2 on the card :o)

It is a WR!! No WR not even worth me taking a screen shot lol!!! I have a better score too for pro cup style ;)!

I can't believe you're having to use two 1200W SF on one card. What sort of volts is the card pushing Ian?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I remember reading chap. Pure madness, it's no wonder they don't want you putting over 1.2v on ref cards. So in a conventional rig there's little point having 2 or 3 way Classys for overclocking unless you're wiling to have at least two PSUs!

OcUK Staff
1.45v on a Ti is not 1.45v its more like 1.5+v with DMM. The utilities are setting volts in 2D in 3D voltages automatically rise as 3D clocks demand more voltage and current from the VRM.

Be careful these voltages are not ambient cooling ones.

About 1.55-1.6 in 3D. Remember as you demand more frequency the card automatically demands more volts. With Nvidia the voltages are not static. Say I set 1.4 and go for 1400 the volts are massively different under load to demanding 1600 from the card.

Last edited:
Soldato
So it's scaling the volts. Snide! It's no wonder you're hitting OCP protection Nick!

So the likely hood of a 1200 SF tripping with two classys at 1.4+V is pretty high then. Money spared in my case, won't be breaking any records on water

OcUK Staff
Yep fairly high. OCP on the card also not just PSU. Even the Classy PWM does struggle on ambient with these high Volts. KPE card remember is 3 x 8 pin not two. On LN2 its abit different as the PWM is also very cold and with the cold more efficient.

Nvidia have built stuff into the drivers this time round as they know the effects of going for high mhz too.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's insane @1700w from two cards. I would have thought 1200w SF would handle two classys with ease. How wrong can you be lol!

Nv don't support overclockers nobody really does these days. Well, they don't encourage it :D. Step too far this time though crippling OCP this badly. Power limits on stock BIOS are also a joke

Back
Top Bottom