• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Benchmarking, or just a normal run? I'll give it a bash. What are the rules though? Are we allowed a custom fan profile or pure stock settings? I assume i can turn my case fans up a bit? :p

I will set up a thread for it

The rules are

Three times round the Heaven 4 bench

Stock clockspeeds on the GPUs

Undervolting allowed

Custom fan profiles allowed

Screenshots of GPUZ at the end with max core temps and VRM temps displayed.

The object of the exercise is to see how cool the cards can run.

The thread is here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25868679#post25868679

Last edited:
Caporegime
I will set up a thread for it

The rules are

Three times round the Heaven 4 bench

Stock clockspeeds on the GPUs

Undervolting allowed

Custom fan profiles allowed

Screenshots of GPUZ at the end with max core temps and VRM temps displayed.

The object of the exercise is to see how cool the cards can run.

The thread is here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25868679#post25868679

One thing though, if we do custom fan profiles what's to stop me or others just setting 100% fan speed. :D

Associate
Lol, i love myself a good corporate weasel video. :D :cool:

I don't think any have transferable warranty. However the person in the MM would most likely help you with warranty if needed. I know i do with everything i sell there.

For a card that will stand up to a 780TI in terms of power, overclocking, cooling and vram id go for this one.

For a card that will stand up to a 780/titan id go for this one.

These are pretty new though and they're extremely popular cards so im not sure how easy it would be for you to source a second hand one. The plus side is brand new they cost about the same as a second hand titan/780TI.

Like your red theme there. :cool:

Thanks Matt.

Associate
Hey guys, sorry to dig up a slightly older thread but I've got an interesting problem with my 290x.

Been tinkering trying to stop artefacting when raising the core above 1250Mhz and when I unlock voltage control and increase core voltage by +50mV, the artefacting continues and when increasing the voltage any more than +50 causes an instant black screen on clicking apply on afterburner. This is with the card at 30C with nothing running. Anyone else had a problem like this?

Edit: Forgot to say I have an MSI 290x Gaming Edition

Associate
Hey guys, sorry to dig up a slightly older thread but I've got an interesting problem with my 290x.

Been tinkering trying to stop artefacting when raising the core above 1250Mhz and when I unlock voltage control and increase core voltage by +50mV, the artefacting continues and when increasing the voltage any more than +50 causes an instant black screen on clicking apply on afterburner. This is with the card at 30C with nothing running. Anyone else had a problem like this?

Edit: Forgot to say I have an MSI 290x Gaming Edition

With the 290X's it seems to go like this as far as most cards go for the core:-

Stock volts >1,100
+50mv 1,100-1,150
+100mv 1,150-1,180
+150mv 1,180-1,220
+200mv 1,220-1,250 (if your lucky)

That's not exact but gives you an idea.

No way are you gonna get 1,250mhz with just +50mv, though someone may have a golden card that does and prove wrong.

Associate
With the 290X's it seems to go like this as far as most cards go for the core:-

Stock volts >1,100
+50mv 1,100-1,150
+100mv 1,150-1,180
+150mv 1,180-1,220
+200mv 1,220-1,250 (if your lucky)

That's not exact but gives you an idea.

No way are you gonna get 1,250mhz with just +50mv, though someone may have a golden card that does and prove wrong.

I understand, thats why I'm trying to increase the voltage!

My problem is the instant black screen on applying voltage >50mV!

Soldato
Hi all
Has anyone bought one from the powercolor 290 or 290x pcs+
I'm really liking the look of this card with the tri fan and definitely looks better than the sapphire tri x card

Associate
Got my new PC with 290x in crossfire :D

2agv.jpg

9ke0.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom