• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How many GTX 780s, 780ti's, or Titans before they worked.

Soldato
I feel you could be right. I did some working out and so far we have:

107 nVidia cards working and 6 failed (113 total)
73 AMD cards working and 22 failed (95 total)

Numbers don't lie :)

Yep though you have to feel much of it could be down to the green light program, of the 6 failures how many failed due to big volts on a custom bios?

As overclockers we hate it but it does seem to bring RMA numbers down with it. Which I'm sure makes everyone else happy.

Looking at the amd thread, the 290p seems to be suffering a similar fate to the 7950 where some partners may be using sub standard parts and saving the good parts for the very top tier (290x) which seems to have significantly lower failure rates in comparison.

Soldato
I've got an Asus reference, which worked straight out of the box. My other 780 is an EVGA SC which I bought from Raven :D also working well but obviously not bought as new.

Permabanned
EVGA GTX 680 4GB FTW (EVGA Cooler) No issues.
Not sure what you would call the cooler as unlike other 680's its Vapour Chamber cooled not with Heatpipes and on the FTW version only.

81b.jpg

EVGA GTX 780Ti SC (Ref Cooler) No issues (thanks to Gregg its already added to list).

Last edited:
Associate
Just about to send back my, 780 Gigabyte WindForce 3x OC. Keeps crashing any game I play. I have to downgrade the mem clock and gpu clock to make it stable.

Permabanned
Never liked them and overpriced and not out at time I bought my card. ;)

I did not post the backplate (cools the extra VRam) side Frosty as I know you would need to Fap to it. :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
Factory fitted on the FTW and not thin crap like current ones, cools the core a little and the extra 2GB of VRam.

Ohh, and Factory Fitted High Flow Bracket and little rubber cover to complete the line of the Backplate/protect SLI fingers.

/me rubs it in. :p

evga-gtx-680-ftw-2.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
Look like crap though, esp the new 780Ti ones.

Cant quite put my finger on what they remind me of.

Did you have the early ones or neutered ones?

Back
Top Bottom