• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How many GTX 780s, 780ti's, or Titans before they worked.

Soldato
No titans or 7 series, no issues with these though.

Palit GTX680 Jetstream
Non reference
No issues.

2xGigabyte GTX670 windforce
Reference 680 pcb
No issues

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I post a 680? or is that too far back?

Just in case I can, I had my MSI 680 fail after about 6 months which I got replaced, the replacement was Dead on Arrival. The replacement for the replacement is still working fine with no real issues.

Just want to add that both 680's were pretty noisy at load sounds sorta Like coil whine but it is definitely fan noise.

Last edited:
Soldato

Just in case I can, I had my MSI 680 fail after about 6 months which I got replaced, the replacement was Dead on Arrival. The replacement for the replacement is still working fine with no real issues.

Just want to add that both 680's were pretty noisy at load sounds sorta Like coil whine but it is definitely fan noise.
What kind of 680s? The 680 wasn't really a loud card.

Man of Honour
OP

Reference or non ref ?

Soldato
MSI reference 680. Both the one I replaced and the one I have now are loud. Loud isn't the right word, My 290 is louder at load but the 680 has a more annoying sound.

Oh that's pretty strange. My 680 just had a nice woosh of air, especially compared to my 7970s which had a high pitch whine and motor noise.
Possibly a faulty fan?

Back
Top Bottom