• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dirt Showdown Bench Thread

Man of Honour
I'm happy so long as you keep your 290X's on top. At some point i will move above stock settings, so when i do watch out... :p

There is no reason why you can not go top, all you need to do is overclock the CPU to the max and then get a reasonable run out of two cards.

The thing to watch out for is bottlenecking the GPUs as this puts a lot of stress on the CPU which in turn gives more crashes than the gameplay.:D

Caporegime
OP
There is no reason why you can not go top, all you need to do is overclock the CPU to the max and then get a reasonable run out of two cards.

The thing to watch out for is bottlenecking the GPUs as this puts a lot of stress on the CPU which in turn gives more crashes than the gameplay.:D

I was at 5.2ghz for my stock run. Gpu usage was decent, but was not 100% solid on both. Think ill need a 6 core to catch you up tbh. At 1440P i think id be closer, but you can't run that can you on 290's. Mind you, you could if you use CRU to create a custom resolution. :)

Man of Honour
I was at 5.2ghz for my stock run. Gpu usage was decent, but was not 100% solid on both. Think ill need a 6 core to catch you up tbh. At 1440P i think id be closer, but you can't run that can you on 290's. Mind you, you could if you use CRU to create a custom resolution. :)

4 Core Shocker

I just ran my 4930k with 2 cores turned off so it was near enough a 3770k @4.8

Below are some runs I have done on 4 cores, if you compare them to the 6 core runs I did earlier there is quite a drop in performance.:eek:

4 stock 290Xs @1600p
3xaeRmj.jpg

4 stock 290Xs @1080p
BA9TAni.jpg

2 290Xs @1230/1625 @1080p
rD08d1R.jpg

As you can see from the pics I have lost 15 or more fps by turning off 2 cores.:eek:

Caporegime
OP
Good testing Kaap, so i was right? Woohoo, yes go me!! When i saw Greg's score vs mine i had a feeling the 6 core was coming in to play here. Kaap i suspect the same of Bioshock (although it could just be unreal engine = prefers Nvidia) can you do a similar test with that?

Man of Honour
Good testing Kaap, so i was right? Woohoo, yes go me!! When i saw Greg's score vs mine i had a feeling the 6 core was coming in to play here. Kaap i suspect the same of Bioshock (although it could just be unreal engine = prefers Nvidia) can you do a similar test with that?

I will give it a quick go

Back
Top Bottom