• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BioShock Infinite Bench Thread

Soldato
For some reason I get very poor crossfire scaling with this game... I wonder if im cpu bound?
I have a i5 3570K running at 4.6...
With my single 290 @1070/1500 I get 133fps on average and 293 max
with 2x 290 @1070/1500 I get 150fps on average and 422 max.
The max is a big difference yes but the average of 17fps difference seems very poor.

Soldato
2 x 7950 @ 1150/1450

4770K @ 4.3Ghz

1080p

vgn2oh.jpg

Soldato
Any idea's matt on my post above reguarding such little average fps diff between single and crossfire mode..
Big diff in max fps but average is so small its not even worth it for the stutters.

Man of Honour
Scoreboard updated. :)

They're all within 1 second of each other it seems. Ideally they should be the same but what can you do.

I have thought about this before and maybe it is down to frametimes with the bench running to the nearest frame to finish that part of the run. When totalled for the overall time this does make a noticeable difference.

Caporegime
OP
Any idea's matt on my post above reguarding such little average fps diff between single and crossfire mode..
Big diff in max fps but average is so small its not even worth it for the stutters.

Unreal Engine - Not favourable towards AMD + Xfire
DX11 Ultra DDOF works better, higher gpu usage etc but i didn't realise that till after i started the thread.
Cpu bottleneck

Kaap or anyone else welcome to add thoughts.

Soldato
Unreal Engine - Not favourable towards AMD + Xfire
DX11 Ultra DDOF works better, higher gpu usage etc but i didn't realise that till after i started the thread.
Cpu bottleneck

Kaap or anyone else welcome to add thoughts.

My only thoughts are that it's a bit odd to use an Engine that doesn't favour AMD in a Gaming Evolved (AMD) game. What's next, a Gaming Evolved game that uses PhysX?

EDIT:
Also, regarding the other mode, surely using that because it gives AMD an advantage would be just as bad and be very much the sort of thing Nvidia get accused of when releasing graphs with AMD scores on?

Caporegime
OP
My only thoughts are that it's a bit odd to use an Engine that doesn't favour AMD in a Gaming Evolved (AMD) game. What's next, a Gaming Evolved game that uses PhysX?

Thief is also Unreal Engine GM. :)

EDIT:
Also, regarding the other mode, surely using that because it gives AMD an advantage would be just as bad and be very much the sort of thing Nvidia get accused of when releasing graphs with AMD scores on?

No the other mode favours Nvidia as well according to benchmarks, but you get better gpu usage (and lower fps) with more than one gpu.

Caporegime
OP
Perhaps it just doesn't favour Hawaii? Moogs 7950's are scaling and performing very well.

Still slower than 670's in this though and 7950's are normally ahead. Think it just slightly favours Nvidia as most Unreal Engine games do.

Whyscotty post a DDOF 1080P ultra run and ill run one tomorrow to compare. See if we get better gpu usage.

Soldato
If it's CPU bottlenecked then those sandy i7's are aging awful quick :(

A fair few of you with 290 cf and 26/700k's, have any of you noticed a drop of point for clock speed?

Soldato
Still slower than 670's in this though and 7950's are normally ahead. Think it just slightly favours Nvidia as most Unreal Engine games do.

Whyscotty post a DDOF 1080P ultra run and ill run one tomorrow to compare. See if we get better gpu usage.

4770K @ 4.0 780's @ 888/1251

Still getting lows of 60% load on the Cpu

Soldato
Only had one go at moderate clocks. Will clock the CPU up to 4.7 and push the GPU as far as it will go without getting artifacts tomorrow. Love Infinite, people say the light effects are annoying but i have always found the Bioshock games interestingly beautiful, whether in Colombia or Rapture.

CPU: 4770k @ 4.5

GPU: 290x @ 1281/1560

*Edit* @1080p

infinite.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom