• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
Shanhai bridge part in bf4, lowest graphics settings.

driver 334.89
d7sDgd3.png

driver 337.50
DC9VH15.png

Ignore the post earlier about my connection. Rebooted my router and went back in and got the same results as in pic 1. Normally on full ultra, x4 msaa and HBAO on, 16xaf i get 60.7 fps at that spot. Ill retry that in a bit with the new drivers. Strange though how the in game console fps counter is slightly different than fraps, normally use afterburner but display has gone since this driver update.

Edit, max settings.

H3TiwjA.png

Pretty impressed so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nearly done on my collection, star swam BioShock and bf4 still to do on 337.

Mixed bag so far, some big gains especially on minimums and some with nothing.

Man of Honour
Shanhai bridge part in bf4, lowest graphics settings.

driver 334.89
d7sDgd3.png

driver 337.50
DC9VH15.png

Ignore the post earlier about my connection. Rebooted my router and went back in and got the same results as in pic 1. Normally on full ultra, x4 msaa and HBAO on, 16xaf i get 60.7 fps at that spot. Ill retry that in a bit with the new drivers. Strange though how the in game console fps counter is slightly different than fraps, normally use afterburner but display has gone since this driver update.

Edit, max settings.

H3TiwjA.png

Pretty impressed so far.

Looks like I should have upgraded to the .89s a fair bit higher fps than the 334s I had on before.

Caporegime
Nearly done on my collection, star swam BioShock and bf4 still to do on 337.

Mixed bag so far, some big gains especially on minimums and some with nothing.

I will be doing some testing with my CPU at stock. Not going to bother with turning cores off, as it is pointless but for the cpu lows I noticed, it would be cool if I could run a stock cpu for 24/7 gaming and still not get a bottleneck.

Soldato
And here we GO!

System spec:

4770K @ 4.6ghz
8GB HyperX @ 1866 C11
Gainward Phantom GLH SLI @ 954/1500.

All tests were carried out at maximum settings available at 1920x1080. Tests carried out using in game bench mark utility where available, if not a consistent time demo via FRAPS.

Bioshock: Infinate

335 WHQL
bioshock_335.jpg

337 BETA
bioshock_337.jpg

Gains of +2.6%!

Hitman Absolution

335 WHQL
Hitman_335.jpg

337 BETA
hitman_337.jpg

Gains:
Mins: +29.63%
Avg: +26.87%
Max: +30.23%

Just Cause 2: Concrete Jungle

335 WHQL
justcause335.jpg

337 BETA
JustCause337.jpg

Gains of +6.92%

Sniper Elite V2

335 WHQL
sev2_335.jpg

337 BETA
sev2_337.jpg

Gains:
Min: +52.19%
Avg: 0%

Battlefield 4: Siege Of Shanghai

Taken in Humbugs fave spot :rolleyes:

60 second FRAPS recording.

335 WHQL
Min: 100
Avg: 117
Max: 123

337 BETA
Min: 104
Avg: 140
Max: 199

Gains:
Min: +4%
Avg: +22.81%
Max: +61.79%

Obviously salt pinches required as it was never going to be a 1:1 copy for each run, still, a decent improvement.

Whats missing and why?

Sleeping dogs and TR are missing as I royally screwed up and did the 335 bench with vsync enabled (I only noticed once I was settings up 337 benches). Regardless of this SD gained next to nothing, TR was up around 7% on mins and ~5% avg.

Star swam, again, I screwed up, on finishing the 337 test I noticed I still had one of the frame buffer timing things set at 16.6ms when it should be 8ms.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very nice gains considering it's for free, from Nvidia (I just thought that was worth pointing out :)).

Odd that in some tests it lower one of the 3 framerate values (min, max or avg).

So are there any problems in games like BF4 where these drivers cause an increase in VRAM meaning 3GB cards or less need to turn settings down lower than before? :p

How about SLI scaling, is that any good? You'd think to some degree this would benefit more from reduced CPU overhead.

I wonder if this is a one off like the magic AMD drivers (12.11s?) or if they'll keep tweaking and improving things?

Associate
Well i have not done any bench testing but just playing BF4 you can just see and feel its better.
There are certain maps that just feel sluggish and twitchy in parts now just smooth ;) also the green and yellow bar you get up in BF4 (forgot what it's called) well the green GPU line looks a lot flatter and closer together (if that makes sense)

This is one very good update for sure :D

Caporegime
Well i have not done any bench testing but just playing BF4 you can just see and feel its better.
There are certain maps that just feel sluggish and twitchy in parts now just smooth ;) also the green and yellow bar you get up in BF4 (forgot what it's called) well the green GPU line looks a lot flatter and closer together (if that makes sense)

This is one very good update for sure :D
Noticed bf4 a bit smoother too and minimum fps are up a bit. Havent had the performance graph running though.

Associate
Noticed bf4 a bit smoother too and minimum fps are up a bit. Havent had the performance graph running though.

That's the thing setter I always felt the game was smooth with SLI but this just feels better and those twitchy parts of certain maps now feels allot smoother.

Anyone else had a look at the performance graphs for BF4?

Back
Top Bottom