• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The OcUK ComputeMark Leaderboard***

Caporegime
OP
Out of the box comparison table here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26225041&postcount=2

please only use the Standard benchmark mode.

For 'Out of the box' comparisons we have a stock clock results table here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...41&postcount=2
This is to compare the performance between different brands of GPU without any user overclocking, for this please add the make, model, standard clock speeds and the tag *GPU Comparison* to your results page.

Last edited:
Soldato
So my 7950 is a factory overclocked version @ 950c/1250m and i usually underclock to a stock setting @ 800c/1250m when doing a stock run. Does anybody know the original stock clocks for a 7950? I see 880 core for some but need some verification.

Caporegime
Sorry Humbug i can't remember what clocks i used now. It was either 975/1250 or 1050/1250. I will run it again at some point. Its a pain in the ass for me as i have to change my magnifier settings every time i want to run this restart and change it again so can't see myself running this more than a couple of times.

Caporegime
OP
So my 7950 is a factory overclocked version @ 950c/1250m and i usually underclock to a stock setting @ 800c/1250m when doing a stock run. Does anybody know the original stock clocks for a 7950? I see 880 core for some but need some verification.

The original 7950 is 800/1250.

If your adding to the GPU comparisons then you need to run it at whatever speed its at out of the box. :)

Caporegime
OP
Sorry Humbug i can't remember what clocks i used now. It was either 975/1250 or 1050/1250. I will run it again at some point. Its a pain in the ass for me as i have to change my magnifier settings every time i want to run this restart and change it again so can't see myself running this more than a couple of times.

Press reset on MSI AB, then you will know, its 947/1250, BTW :)

I'm confused, you say 'stock clocks' and then show a factory overclock of 93Mhz on the core?

I will change the wording.

If this is to difficult i'm not going to do it, it should be really simple.

Caporegime
I'm confused, you say 'stock clocks' and then show a factory overclock of 93Mhz on the core?

That's stock for his card though. I know what you're saying but its easy enough to find out what are stock clocks on any particular card. AIB cards are almost always going to have higher stock clocks than our reference cards.

At least my reference cards are clocked 28mhz higher than yours though. :p

Soldato
That's stock for his card though. I know what you're saying but its easy enough to find out what are stock clocks on any particular card. AIB cards are almost always going to have higher stock clocks than our reference cards.

At least my reference cards are clocked 28mhz higher than yours though. :p

I would argue they are 'default' clock for his card. As his card has a factory OC I don't think they are 'stock' clocks.

I don't see the point in the chart using default clocks as this will just vary based on what card you've got and are no more useful than comparing OC clocks. If it used 'stock' clocks, i.e. 947/1250 for a 290, 1000/1250 for a 290X then you could see how the cards compare at the same clocks to see if there's anything else that might make a difference (i.e. VRAM make).
Using 'default' clocks just seems like it punishes peopel that bought earlier non-OC'd cards.

Another thing that could be interesting if finding clocks that a lot of cards can do and clock them all to that. For example say 800/1250 and then have everyone clock to that whether they have a 290, 290X, 7970, 280X, 780Ti...

Caporegime
OP
I would argue they are 'default' clock for his card. As his card has a factory OC I don't think they are 'stock' clocks.

I don't see the point in the chart using default clocks as this will just vary based on what card you've got and are no more useful than comparing OC clocks. If it used 'stock' clocks, i.e. 947/1250 for a 290, 1000/1250 for a 290X then you could see how the cards compare at the same clocks to see if there's anything else that might make a difference (i.e. VRAM make).
Using 'default' clocks just seems like it punishes peopel that bought earlier non-OC'd cards.

Another thing that could be interesting if finding clocks that a lot of cards can do and clock them all to that. For example say 800/1250 and then have everyone clock to that whether they have a 290, 290X, 7970, 280X, 780Ti...

Your over thinking it Googaly, it punishes no one more than if you don't have a water cooled lightning on the main bench table, its just so you can see what the performance is in reality and the performance difference you get out of the box between different brands.

Soldato
Your over thinking it Googaly, it punishes no one more than if you don't have a water cooled lightning on the main bench table, its just so you can see what the performance is in reality and the performance difference you get out of the box between different brands.

I suspect that the cards with a faster factory OC will be faster.
Interested to see if i'm right and what else it will tell us.

Associate
Does a benchmark exist that can compare all the different GPU compute languages. I'd be very interested to see how CUDA, OpenCL, Direct Compute and stuff using GLSL stack up.

Back
Top Bottom