• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Caporegime
Dicehunter has a Corsair carbide 540? hmmm, im starting to see a pattern.

Hey i have a Carbide 540. Lovely big case. :cool:

Back in the 290X club. Tri X arrived today. Is a beast, cool and silent. 290X the way it's meant to be made..

Max temp Furmark 71c :D

bYEltdL.png

Still not sure why you did just not keep one of your 780TI's, but welcome back. ;)

Soldato
Still not sure why you did just not keep one of your 780TI's, but welcome back. ;)

Lol, I was gonna wait until Next year to change mobo / cpu / case etc, but thought na I'll do it now. Wasn't using PC for gaming much, but then Wolfenstein came out :o

Had a 7950, but got an offer on the Tri X OC that was really good. The only problem I has with the 290X was temps / noise. This Tri X fixes those issues and at this price is spot on imho.

On Wolfenstein gone from 1440P Medium HD 7950 to Ultra 290X. Good card.

Soldato
Lol, I was gonna wait until Next year to change mobo / cpu / case etc, but thought na I'll do it now. Wasn't using PC for gaming much, but then Wolfenstein came out :o

Had a 7950, but got an offer on the Tri X OC that was really good. The only problem I has with the 290X was temps / noise. This Tri X fixes those issues and at this price is spot on imho.

On Wolfenstein gone from 1440P Medium HD 7950 to Ultra 290X. Good card.

Thats nice to know, wolfenstein is on my to get list of games.

Soldato
When you moving back to Ti's boom :)

Haha, no more changes until 20nm..

20140524_110429.jpg

Soldato
Certain people will get it ;)

Good for them I suppose :D

Loving this card, Great temps, At the moment I have it running at stock as I'm not benching, Have had it at 1200/6600 bench stable.

Stock on this is 1050/5400, Getting 55'c ingame, Only in Start Trek Online, Saving the HEAVY LN2 benching for when I move in a few weeks :)

erNf8TZ.jpg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom