• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The New Official THIEF-Incorporating Bench mark Thread**

Caporegime
@Kaap,

Someone on oc.net posted a score better than mine and they have the same cpu as you, i think?

A good 14 fps faster than my score at 1440P.

Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 4.3GHz
290X Crossfire
1440P

Not sure what his gpu clocks were at yet though.

qzdj.jpg

http://www.overclock.net/t/1429303/amd-mantle-discussion-thread/2290#post_22335421

EDIT

His gpu's were at stock.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to say (here seems as good as anywhere), while implementing 2-way crossfire (not sure if it goes hgiher) did take them quite a while considering BF4 had Mantle implemented in 2 months with 1 guy sorta working on it, now that it's here they do seem to have done a good job.
Looks like it even works well on 7000 series cards too. I've not compared VRAM usage to DX VRAM usage, but from my benchmark runs it doesn't seem to be an issue.

So credit where it's due.

On a side note has anyone noticed in the benchmark the soldier/guard that looks like he should be holding a rifle or something but is actually carrying nothing?
That and the guy whose feet sink into the floor always mildly amuses me!

Caporegime
Have to say (here seems as good as anywhere), while implementing 2-way crossfire (not sure if it goes hgiher) did take them quite a while considering BF4 had Mantle implemented in 2 months with 1 guy sorta working on it, now that it's here they do seem to have done a good job.
Looks like it even works well on 7000 series cards too. I've not compared VRAM usage to DX VRAM usage, but from my benchmark runs it doesn't seem to be an issue.

So credit where it's due.

On a side note has anyone noticed in the benchmark the soldier/guard that looks like he should be holding a rifle or something but is actually carrying nothing?
That and the guy whose feet sink into the floor always mildly amuses me!

Yes, crossfire works well on two gpu's. Very nice. Three and four gpu's needs work, but its still better than DX.

We'll be expecting some benchmark scores from you GM. Failure to comply will result in shortage of cornish pasties being delivered to your quarters.

Soldato
Yes, crossfire works well on two gpu's. Very nice. Three and four gpu's needs work, but its still better than DX.

We'll be expecting some benchmark scores from you GM. Failure to comply will result in shortage of cornish pasties being delivered to your quarters.

I've already said I'm not entering more benchmarks (said that in your LuxMark thread I think) and if I did, it wouldn't be this one.

Man of Honour
@Kaap,

Someone on oc.net posted a score better than mine and they have the same cpu as you, i think?

A good 14 fps faster than my score at 1440P.

Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 4.3GHz
290X Crossfire
1440P

Not sure what his gpu clocks were at yet though.

qzdj.jpg

http://www.overclock.net/t/1429303/amd-mantle-discussion-thread/2290#post_22335421

EDIT

His gpu's were at stock.

He is not using max settings that is for sure, look at his min and max that does not look right for Mantle.

Here is my 2 card Mantle score so you can see what I mean.

Two card 1600p entry

2 x 290Xs @1230/1625

4930k @4.8

u51Firt.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes and fixed

How do your DX titans compare to your Mantle 290's Kaap in Thief in terms of fps averages? Has Mantle tilted the performance of Unreal Engine (always a Nvidia favourite) back towards AMD? There's a shortage of Nvidia dual/tri gpu runs to compare to. The only one i could find were Scottys and Gregs runs from the old thread.

Back
Top Bottom