• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Associate
I just upgraded from a 680 gtx to a XFX r9 290x boost edition and i got it for £300. and i think image quality is a lot better, its like everything is more defined so u see all the details better :D

When I first got my cards I thought the same thing regarding the quality but I put it down to me being overly excited. Clearly it's not just me then and I wasn't just imagining it.

I went up from a 670 and things like text became a little clearer and the depth of colours just blew me away in game.

Associate
That the non-reference one?
it looks like a standard reference one and i find it get noisey above fan speed 45

and slippery dave theres this third party fan

ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV

make sure u get the 4th version because 3rd version u had to glue heatsinks to the memory and they would be hard to remove again.

Soldato
I just upgraded from a 680 gtx to a XFX r9 290x boost edition and i got it for £300. and i think image quality is a lot better, its like everything is more defined so u see all the details better :D

I had the same thoughts when i bought my first ati card a 3870 and one of the reasons ive stuck with amd, but i usally keep this opinion to myself as ive been shot down in flames in the past for daring to share my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom