CS:GO Discussion

Soldato
Got ranked at silver 4 so happy with that!

Also :D
Zombie2_zps0be61d66.jpg

Untitled-1_zps9ae968a8.jpg

Also though I would personally commemorate the event with a gun I seem to be most proficient with :/
I could have sold the nip sticker for double what I paid but money cant buy memories :D
Untitled-1_zps4f6b9c02.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Trying to get into competitive now to get up to 10 wins. How does the competitive matchmaking work? I have read a bit about it but in one game, I joined and my own team kept shooting me (obviously friendly fire is ON in competitive). When I looked at the scoreboard, the rest of my team was obviously all in some german clan (apart from me) so they kept shooting me, presumably trying to get me to leave so their clanmate could join. I stayed (just to annoy the silly plonkers and topped the scoreboard on our “team” ) but why was I put on their clan team? How can I avoid this in future? I don’t want to be on a “team” like that, and for a clan, they were absolutely brutal at the game, really really bad, maybe I was keeping their only good player out of the game! Albeit totally unwittingly. Is there some setting I am missing?

Also, what do you do when your own team is trying to kill you!? I didn’t want to shoot them back in case I get banned or something, Valve already banned me for half an hour because my connection stopped working one time. Competitive mode is serious!

Soldato
Trying to get into competitive now to get up to 10 wins. How does the competitive matchmaking work? I have read a bit about it but in one game, I joined and my own team kept shooting me (obviously friendly fire is ON in competitive). When I looked at the scoreboard, the rest of my team was obviously all in some german clan (apart from me) so they kept shooting me, presumably trying to get me to leave so their clanmate could join. I stayed (just to annoy the silly plonkers and topped the scoreboard on our “team” ) but why was I put on their clan team? How can I avoid this in future? I don’t want to be on a “team” like that, and for a clan, they were absolutely brutal at the game, really really bad, maybe I was keeping their only good player out of the game! Albeit totally unwittingly. Is there some setting I am missing?

Also, what do you do when your own team is trying to kill you!? I didn’t want to shoot them back in case I get banned or something, Valve already banned me for half an hour because my connection stopped working one time. Competitive mode is serious!

Sadly there are plenty of nobers around and you just happened to find some, in mm people can't join after the match has started, so it can't be that they wanted to make space, unless it was happening right from the off they probably wanted you to leave so they could surrender if they were that bad.

Sadly it seems that from my limited experience the knob jockeys reside in the lower ranks, played a game with someone on here last night, I was comfortably the lowest rank in the game and thus comfortably the worst player in the game but didn't get any stick and they were generally friendly considering I was the reason we only tied the game with my monstrous 8 for 20 odd.

If any of the newer guys want to play feel free to add me, spud21 on steam :D

Soldato
Sadly there are plenty of nobers around and you just happened to find some, in mm people can't join after the match has started, so it can't be that they wanted to make space, unless it was happening right from the off they probably wanted you to leave so they could surrender if they were that bad.

Sadly it seems that from my limited experience the knob jockeys reside in the lower ranks, played a game with someone on here last night, I was comfortably the lowest rank in the game and thus comfortably the worst player in the game but didn't get any stick and they were generally friendly considering I was the reason we only tied the game with my monstrous 8 for 20 odd.

If any of the newer guys want to play feel free to add me, spud21 on steam :D

Cheers for that, ok will do, I'll add you when I get home from work. How do I get into these pleasant sounding games? I still don't have any rank because I haven't won enough competitive games yet, I have been awful in some of them but I actually did well yesterday and topped the scoreboard for my team in two games but lost both games anyway. I'm still getting used to the maps and am very inconsistent.

Soldato
Cheers for that, ok will do, I'll add you when I get home from work. How do I get into these pleasant sounding games? I still don't have any rank because I haven't won enough competitive games yet, I have been awful in some of them but I actually did well yesterday and topped the scoreboard for my team in two games but lost both games anyway. I'm still getting used to the maps and am very inconsistent.

It's just pure luck, especially when heading into mm alone, sometimes you get friendly guys who want to work together and run strats and generally communicate, sometimes you get the silent people, and you just have to try and guess where the other team are, and sometimes you get people who just want to shout abuse at each other rather than doing anything useful.

The more people you can get In a pre made team the better as at least you know what your dealing with even if none of you are much good :)

Soldato
Got ranked at silver 4 so happy with that!

Also :D

Also though I would personally commemorate the event with a gun I seem to be most proficient with :/
I could have sold the nip sticker for double what I paid but money cant buy memories :D
Put shaders up to see total golden glory (then turn it down again). Seriously want that badge ffs.

I want a souvenier gun to commemorate. At least I have some capsules and the guns I won from bets.
Look what I found. :D
**** off please. That is so nice!
good games tonight guys, would quite like to play regularly with you

Yeep, quite a few good games yesterday. We should do an OCUK 5v5 game. Does anyone have a server?

Also, here are some ESL clips if you missed the games
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/18/the-best-highlights-from-csgos-esl-one-cologne-2014-tournament/

Last edited:
Associate
I have a server, and can probably get a team of me + mates for a friendly 5v5 or gather :)

Drop me a steam PM, or whatever if anyone's interested.

Soldato
I'd be up for playing with some Overclockers.

Have played this on and off since beta but still suck. Would be good to get some pointers.

Back
Top Bottom