• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**The New Official THIEF-Incorporating Bench mark Thread**

Associate
Just adding some 780Ti and R9 290 bench for fun.Poor old R9 290 beating up on a higher overclocked 780Ti in thief benchmark.Darn I wish I have benched my R9 290x cards in this game.

Mantle Vs DX11 same machine.I like Mantle.Works fine.

photo share

Caporegime
@Matt. Could you do a 2 card run with your new rig at about 4.8-4.9 and see how close you get to your old score ? It would be very useful for my current tests and i'd really appreciate it mate :)

Certainly mate, i will do that today for you. I expect to be behind my best score tbh as this bench needs cpu ghz grunt, even with Mantle.

Caporegime
[email protected]
3x290X@1050/1250
Mantle

8vhw.jpg

Man of Honour
Certainly mate, i will do that today for you. I expect to be behind my best score tbh as this bench needs cpu ghz grunt, even with Mantle.

Not at 4K it does not need CPU grunt, you only need to run it @4.0ghz which is plenty for 3 cards.

Your problem with Mantle is running out of VRAM causing instability with the CPU trying to swap memory out to system RAM/SSD. The higher you clock the CPU the more likely it is to crash.

Try running DX11 and see how much less strain there is on the CPU @4.0ghz.

Back
Top Bottom